View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2016, 03:08 PM
Hope you feel more in the mood for work when you get there Mandy.
Quite agree sue who would have em. Glad the rain stopped been dry here all day which makes a change.
Had an email from the customer services dept., the email has been forwarded to the relevant department. Not expecting miracles.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2016, 03:39 PM
I think they like the adventure of waking up in a strange place, because it was dark when they got there, Sue
Katherine doesn't feel its going to do much good, and I think thats a really honest comment, she could quite easily come every week and take £30 off me and I'd be none the wiser. I've still not rung to make the appointment with the vet, will do it now, they'll probably be dead busy and not answer for ages or something, but will give it a go. Back very sore, been raining on and off today, does me no good. Brought a ton of shopping back, have no idea why I need so much, when there's only me, oh yes there's 5 girls outside, its got to be them,my needs are simple, Magnums, some ready meals and a book, milk for tea and porridge. Their stuff has made serious inroads into my freezer as well as filling their TWO freezers there are bags of bones and various animal parts in mine
Got some white cabbage, did look at spinach, decided on white cabbage for Zen's bulking up stuff, and some potatoes for the microwave to go with her breakfast. I was having a look at various chews and they have all got massive amounts of protein in them, couldn't believe it. I think she'd be OK with a bone going by the amount of protein in the chews. Their food doesn't have anything like that much in. She's got some bananas, apples, pears and carrots to make up for the cruelty I am inflicting on her.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2016, 03:53 PM
Poor Zen it is a hard life. Especially when she sees the others getting bones.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2016, 04:27 PM
She'll be getting the left over bits I have no doubt.
Grated some cabbage in with the veg for tea and she is having white fish whilst the others are having tuna (for Keshi as she has some weight to lose) Sardines in tomato sauche for Mabs and sardines in sunflower oil for Cariad and Lona.
Was looking at the protein content of tuna and its not that high really, need to look at the content in the white fish and see how they compare
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Lol....me as lady Godiva...hilarious, would deffo need a wig!!!
TW...just remember you aren't doing it to be mean but because you love her
Sue, your son sounds like me.....that's what I would do lol
Mandy, hope work isn't too bad
The festival is really good, especially as it is all for free...people were kicking off when they said you may need to pay a fiver...I think that is really good
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Rung the Homeopathic Vets, I need a referral from my vets. Soooo that means I will have to pay for a consultation to be referred to another vet where I will also have to pay for a consultation. Not going there.
Everyone has said the same thing to me, it is self limiting so she will get better when she grows out of it so to speak. Will email Nick Thompson for advice on pain relief for her, because that is what I am after, but not steroids, rimadol, tramadol or metacam
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Nightmare June money money money and all you want to do is the best and get Zen better again. Which I am sure you will.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2016, 05:13 PM
I've emailed Nick Thompson with a synopsis of whats gone on asking for advice as to pain relief without resorting to steroids or tramadol etc. plus some piccies of her so he can appreciate how tall she is. Its like walking alongside a pony!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Hope you get her sorted June...what a nuisance that you need a referral....I wonder could you not just register as a regular patient or do they purely just do referrals
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2016, 06:05 PM
I could probably, but I have not had a good experience with them anyway, and the girl was talking to me like I was one teaspoon short of a full set anyway. Well how did I know what she had, why hadn't she been to a vet, was I registered with a vet. I thought I can probably leave you standing on most stuff, but you think you can talk to me like that, I am not being patronised, must be a thing in that practice, patronise and talk down to anyone like they are scum. I've had loads of help and input on here, also experienced, long term dog owners have given me excellent advice as regards feeding and the like. Was going to go to see Neil at my vet's branch in Bolton, but going to see if I can get there on my own after that phone call, I would like to go there and strangle them for being like that, but they know no different poor things
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >