View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 05:59 PM

Cloned Dog. What are your views on cloning?

Well, have you seen the news?
What do you think?
More questions than answers I think.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2005, 06:04 PM
I haven't seen the news - have they managed to clone a dog?
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Have they managed to clone a dog? I saw they were arguing about the fact of cloning therapy dogs, esp the good ones. But didnt know it had been done!
I dont like the idea. Each dog I have has different characteristics hence I love them in a totally different ways. Whilst I do not want to lose them and will be devastated when they do go, there is no way I could clone one of them. It is un-natural and in my eyes a little sick. There are enough unwanted dogs that would prove excellent loving pets...
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 06:19 PM
I saw it this evening, they cloned an Afgan Hound inside a Labrador. One died soon after birth but the other one is 16 weeks old.
It's here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4742453.stm
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2005, 06:22 PM
hey thats a great idea lets clone these animals and then stick them into a laboratory and test them and make them suffer and give them no quality of life - yeap I can really see how the human race is moving forward

how did we get it so wrong
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2005, 06:33 PM
uh oh, what is that i hear the human race playing god, it isn't right to tamper with nature like this, it is sick, and what will become of these poor creatures, this is sick, i cant believe it, why the poor creature, i feel so much rage for the people responsible, oooh i hope they suffer!!!!!!!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Why on earth would they clone an Afghan? They will never know if its brain is functioning correctly, cos they are stupid!! :smt077
Dawn.

(Ducking for cover as the Affie fraternity pounce, including her boss!!)
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=Borderdawn]Why on earth would they clone an Afghan? They will never know if its brain is functioning correctly, cos they are stupid!! :smt077
Dawn.QUOTE]

@ Dawn

The theory - or what I heard on the news - was that the hereditary problems could be removed from the cloned embryos (genetic engineering I suppose - I should have listened more closely), and the resulting dogs could be bred naturally and would no longer carry...........hereditary eye problems, hip dysplasia, etc etc etc, whatever.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Sorry, but in my opinion this is AGAINST NATURE and if you mess with that, it is bound to backfire.
Just my view!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by spotsmad
Sorry, but in my opinion this is AGAINST NATURE and if you mess with that, it is bound to backfire.
Just my view!
here here, couldn't agree more
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >