Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
its nice sitting there

No seriously, I would do the same, the long term outweighs the slight risk.............is that better
Same here, carried Millie around in a rucksack from the age of 8 weeks, and put her down when she needed to go toilet.
much better
This is pretty much what we are doing. I was a bit concerned on Sunday because the event was in quite a dog populated park, so putting her down for a wee was a bit of a worry, but Cosmo will surely be carrying heaps of stuff in ( as will Tango)?!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-08-2013, 08:34 AM
I tell ya the pugs were harder to carry than the Dobermanns ever were, wriggle monsters who can't take no for an answer and just wanted to get down and have a run around with the big uns.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I tell ya the pugs were harder to carry than the Dobermanns ever were, wriggle monsters who can't take no for an answer and just wanted to get down and have a run around with the big uns.
lol
Yes, Minnie wants to be with the big dogs. I think she is going to think she's a Flat Coat...
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 08:45 AM
I think what you are doing is perfect, yes there are some tiny risks but she has had 1 jab and it's so important to get her out and about, and really she needs to pee when you are out, unless you dangle her mid air like we do with our kids when they are small
You will always get 1 who wants to tell you all they think they know but it's ultimately up to you, wish I bumped in to ya for a puppy snuggle
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Personally I wouldn't, but that is only going on my heartbreaking recent experience with losing Tangle at 5 months old.

She had had all of her injections before going out and died of a virus that showed all the symptoms of Parovirus yet every test came back negative. I still don't know what the virus was as I'm still awaiting the results back from the postmortem.

I've now got Marco and I couldn't have brought myself to take him out until he had all of his injections.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

06-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by cacoll View Post
Personally I wouldn't, but that is only going on my heartbreaking recent experience with losing Tangle at 5 months old.

She had had all of her injections before going out and died of a virus that showed all the symptoms of Parovirus yet every test came back negative. I still don't know what the virus was as I'm still awaiting the results back from the postmortem.

I've now got Marco and I couldn't have brought myself to take him out until he had all of his injections.
That's perfectly understandable, we'd probably all feel the same. When I was on a waiting list for my first pug after 2 years of everything not working out I eventually got to the stage of seeing the pups, choosing a pup etc. and the breeder took them for their first jabs at 10 weeks old and two days later two of the pups died and two survived after a week in the vets. Needless to say one of the ones that didn't make it was mine. I was then put in touch with another breeder who had a fully vaccinated pup ready to go and Tucson came home. With my second pug pup she wasn't vaccinated as the breeder had problems in the past with pups being vaccinated so Phoenix came home but I didn't get her vaccinated till she was 15 weeks and quite chunky. We all react according to our own experiences.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-08-2013, 09:07 AM

I can understand that completely, you have to do what`s comfortable for you, and it looks like Marco is a confident little chap, so I am sure as soon as you can you will get him out.

Ramble though has stated her Minnie is a little nervous, so for her, the situation is different, she feels the risk is worth taking due to pups nature.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I used to carry my pups everywhere, with the last 2 I didn't worry about carrying them, I'd be just as likely to bring something home or the other dogs carry it home.
They have Mums immunity too
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
I think what you are doing is perfect, yes there are some tiny risks but she has had 1 jab and it's so important to get her out and about, and really she needs to pee when you are out, unless you dangle her mid air like we do with our kids when they are small
You will always get 1 who wants to tell you all they think they know but it's ultimately up to you, wish I bumped in to ya for a puppy snuggle
she is a very snuggly pup

So very sorry for your loss.
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
That's perfectly understandable, we'd probably all feel the same. When I was on a waiting list for my first pug after 2 years of everything not working out I eventually got to the stage of seeing the pups, choosing a pup etc. and the breeder took them for their first jabs at 10 weeks old and two days later two of the pups died and two survived after a week in the vets. Needless to say one of the ones that didn't make it was mine. I was then put in touch with another breeder who had a fully vaccinated pup ready to go and Tucson came home. With my second pug pup she wasn't vaccinated as the breeder had problems in the past with pups being vaccinated so Phoenix came home but I didn't get her vaccinated till she was 15 weeks and quite chunky. We all react according to our own experiences.
We do indeed.
It's a balancing act isn't it?
We haven't had Tango vaccinated for years because I felt it was too much for her immune system to deal with.
It's so hard to know what to do for the best at times.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 09:13 AM
I can understand that completely, you have to do what`s comfortable for you, and it looks like Marco is a confident little chap, so I am sure as soon as you can you will get him out.

Ramble though has stated her Minnie is a little nervous, so for her, the situation is different, she feels the risk is worth taking due to pups nature.
Yep.
Every situation is different.
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
I used to carry my pups everywhere, with the last 2 I didn't worry about carrying them, I'd be just as likely to bring something home or the other dogs carry it home.
They have Mums immunity too
That's what I thought re my two resident muppets.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >