Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 11:07 PM

Had a request for a Christmas pup!

Yep, had a phone call the other day from someone wanting a liver and white bitch pup for Christmas!

Will people never learn!

Needless to say I sent him packing.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 11:09 PM
I've had a few as well with having a ltter told them people on the list come first and to ring me in February idiots
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I've had a few as well with having a ltter told them people on the list come first and to ring me in February idiots
It's just ridiculous isn't it! I can't believe people still think it's a good idea to buy a pup at Christmas, be it for themselves or as a present!
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 11:38 PM
maybe say to them to wait? or ask if it is a gift??

id tell them to call back as well!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
maybe say to them to wait? or ask if it is a gift??

id tell them to call back as well!
I told him I wouldn't have any pups til Easter 2009 (if at all!) and that any breeder worth his or her salt wouldn't sell a pup at Christmas. The line then went dead......

Says it all for me I'm afraid!

Of course I'm sure he'll manage to find someone happy to make a quick buck selling pups at Christmas!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 05:20 AM
It's worth asking a few questions when people ask for xmas pups, we don't celebrate xmas and have an enforced 2 weeks off work so have twice had xmas pups just because we will both be at home to meet, greet and begin housetraining etc. So it doesn't actually have to be a disaster !
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 05:34 AM
I have to say...we brought Cosmo home on December 14th...we were dreading it if I'm honest! The breeder is fantastic, the litter happening was unlikely, to say the least and when a bitch is in season a bitch is in season.

Anyway, home he came (she would have kept him til after Christmas, indeed that was her original plan, to keep hold of them all til then but all the new puppy owners wanted them home because they were off work etc. Anyhow, home he came and it was fine. WE were really surprised...we were home more and had loads of people in and out for him to meet and he took it all in his stride.

Having said that, all the puppy owners were experienced owners. It was our fifth puppy in around 4 and a half years (overlaps) so we did have an idea of what we were doing.He also had 10 days to settle in before Father Christmas arrived and brought mayhem! It doesn't have to be a recipe for disaster, we loved it in the end and would actually do it again,BUT if people aren't experienced or are out a lot or have really really young kids, I don't think it would be wise...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 05:40 AM
I guess you just have to be really careful with people wanting pups at Christmas time.

I bought Dillon (lab cross) from Battersea of my second husband's birthday in February one year........ he was with us 19 years, bless him

Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-10-2008, 08:12 AM
People will never learn, they should know you're a B&W girl.

I dont breed and never will but if I did I would be doubley careful with selling a put round xmas time, though I wouldnt rule it out. While that time of year can be stressful and not the best environment for a pup, there will be familys and people where its the best time. Not everyone celebrates xmas so its just a normal time of year but they can be off work for 2/3weeks so will be able to focus alot of time on a new addition.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
People will never learn, they should know you're a B&W girl.

I dont breed and never will but if I did I would be doubley careful with selling a put round xmas time, though I wouldnt rule it out. While that time of year can be stressful and not the best environment for a pup, there will be familys and people where its the best time. Not everyone celebrates xmas so its just a normal time of year but they can be off work for 2/3weeks so will be able to focus alot of time on a new addition.
What's a B&W girl?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >