Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 05:02 AM

Good morning folks

Morning all,

The weekend’s finally arrived – thank gawd for that!

Had to let the temp, Lesley, go on Friday. The decision was made on Thursday, but I thought I’d be nice and let her have the extra day. The final straw yesterday was her filing stuff dated 25/10/07 in a file marked 12-15/10/07…….. there really was no hope.

Back to square one . The agency are suitably sheepish, and so they should be. They’ve offered me a few hours free so I’ll be watching to see that they’re forthcoming

Off out to Epsom today, as I need a Wilkinson’s and an Iceland and it has both. This combined with a decent breakfast will make a grumpy old fart very happy!

Have a great Saturday, everyone, and stay safe

Today’s gem:
A man goes to see the Rabbi. "Rabbi, something terrible is happening and I have to talk to you about it." The Rabbi asked, "What's wrong?" The man replied, "My wife is poisoning me." The Rabbi, very surprised by this, asks, "How can that be?" The man then pleads, "I'm telling you, I'm certain she's poisoning me, what should I do?" The Rabbi then offers, "Tell you what. Let me talk to her, I'll see what I can find out and I'll let you know." A week later the Rabbi calls the man and says, "Well, I spoke to your wife.
I spoke to her on the phone for three hours. You want my advice?" The man said, "Yes, of course!" The Rabbi replied, "Take the poison."
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 06:02 AM
good morning

wish i was nearer or i would be joining you for an english breakfast. we found a lovely workmens cafe recently that did the best breakfast - then they shut down so still looking......and sampling

off out for a good bit today with blackie and a picnic - will eat in the car if its too cold to sit outside.

have a good one and dont spend too much money in wilkos vicki

sue
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. I did have my doubts about your latest temp Vicki. It's no good if she can't actually do the job Hope the agency pulls their socks up and gets you sorted now.
We're off to Ambleside tomorrow morning for a whole week and can't wait. Have a good Saturday everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Morning Vicki,morning all sorry to hear about the Temp Vicki.
Been for our walk nice sunny warm day today.Ollie is worn out met two choc labs and the younger one has run him ragged.Off out to lunch today with Friends.Enjoy your day Vicki and your breakfast.
Have a good day all.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Morning Vicki, Morning All Oh dear Vicki - another one bites the dust. Perhaps it might be time to change agencies - not a lot of good if they're sending you people without the required skills!

Feeling a bit down this morning, my sis rang me last night and it was all doom and gloom Tania her cocker had to have a big operation and it was touch and go for a few days. Then she said mum had a mini stroke a while back and its just shown up on an ECG, she also has something called fibromalgia. It's at times like this that I feel too far away!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all,

Hope you enjoy your shopping Vicki.

Sorry to hear about your mum Shaza, I feel the same about my parents since dad had his stroke, I'm two hours away in good traffic but I can't afford to move back down to Essex. Fingers crossed that she is ok, I hope your sisters cocker makes a good recovery too xx

Have a lovely holiday Jackie
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Morning all Looks like its a day of housework ahead of me