View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Personally I dont think you can put an age on it but minimum age I would say 16 (and that is at a push). I mean your not allowed to drive a car until your 17 but some people see fit to let their kids walk a dog much younger. There should be stricter laws.

One example is two girls in my area, one is 9 and one 10, they walk their Springer Spaniel and Mongrel every day most often off lead. This annoys me as a while back we had a neighbour with 3 bull terriers which were always off lead and attacked anything in sight. Now how the hell if anything happens could these kids control the dogs? It really does annoy me and again goes back to people not using common sense. I blame the parents. No matter how mature they think their child is and how well the dog is or may be behaved that does not mean that the next person out walking their dog will be the same what happens then.....
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 11:35 AM
I dont think you can put an age limit on it either, theres no way you can do so. I was walking my lab ny myself aged 12, i grew up very early on.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 12:24 PM
so the people who say it must be 16+ think gordon lover shouldnt have tam? i dont think an age can be put on it. i am 27 and a married mum of four but when max got attacked i didnt cope very well at all
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3