Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 05:47 PM

What a good boy!!

Today Archie had his first visit to the vet.

I couldn't believe how good he was, he only got restless on the table cos he needed to pee, so i put him on the floor and he did a little wee which I ignored as it wasn't his fault poor puppy

He didn't even notice the jab, he was too busy eating the treat the vet gave him!!

I went out for 30minutes after we brought him home, my sister was with him and when I came back she said he had got a bit aggressive playing with his rope toy, growling at her when she went to pick it up off the floor, and biting her sleeve. Does anyone know if this behaviour could be connected to the jab? maybe it made him feel funny or something? He's fine now, sleeping in his crate, but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced odd behaviour after a jab?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 06:21 PM
hes probably just learning different ways of playing. U need to make sure u dont let him bite ur sleeves and things so he knows its unacceptable behaviour.

some dogs can feel groggy after an injection, indie usually just goes to sleep when we get home after shes had a jab
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2005, 07:14 PM
it sounds like typical puppy behaviour

He is just becoming more confident in his new home. Then you have a furry crocodile instead of the cute puppy you brought home
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 07:19 PM
ah yes, the furry crocodile!
Prepare for yours Carole!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2005, 07:20 PM
at least I am prepared this time.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the replies

It is normal for him, as he has been play biting us and our sleeves and shoes since the first day (my shoes are now rubbed with vinegar and he doesn't go near them )

It's just that he was a lot more aggressive than he normally is, according to my sis. maybe just overexcited from so many new sights and smells. He is a bit groggy now and seems a little sad

On a happier note, I discovered why he tries to eat the gravel in th garden... It's because there's bits of charcoal in it from the barbecue, this morning I found him crunching up a big bit of charcoal, so I went and bought him some winalot shapes, and gave him the charcoal one while I was making my dinner. It's a bit hard for him so he was busy for ages nibbling it!!

Jenny, we have been teaching him not to bite sleeves and stuff since the first day, which is hard, but he's clever and seems to get it pretty quick
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Dinah loves charcoal too. She hangs around while I'm clearing out the fire and if a bit of wood charcoal gets near her she crunches it up, and appears to enjoy it, rather than eating it out of 'devilment' Strange eh? I figure a little, occasionally, won't do any harm.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 07:29 PM
ah i cried when max had his first jab! were you brave tuti