Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2005, 08:03 PM

How Old has your oldest

How old, is the oldest a dog of yours has lived? There is a reason behind this question which I will tell you all soon.

My oldest was a cross collie/german shephard. He was 13 and a half when we had to have him put to sleep. He was in great pain, his back end had gone and he had 1 fit during the night. (which was really the end) It was all very sad.

My oldest boxer reached the ripe old age of 11.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-03-2005, 08:04 PM
my first dog we had lived til she was 19. She was mongrel. She was blind for the last few years of her life but coped really well.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 08:05 PM
only had one dog die so far, she died at the age of either 13 or 14 she was a pure bred cavalier king charles spaniel, she kept having angina attacks thru the night and had to have her pts.

whats this gonna be to do with? if its diet she was fed on whiskas lol.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 08:19 PM
16 was our oldest cancer took her in the end but she was a bit senile for about a year before we had to let her go.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 08:25 PM
my oldest was my first staffie,she was 151/2......
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 08:53 PM
my oldest was a mongrel who was pts at 16, 2 days after my first child was born
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 08:57 PM
we had a lab when we were kids she was 17 when she died..........
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 09:02 PM
My first two pedigree staffs not rescue. Sam was 16 years 2 weeks and 3 days and Gypsy his lifelong buddy was 15 years 2 months 1 day.
They were PTS on the same heartbreaking day Gypsy had somach cancer and had been poorly for about 2 years before but okay then went downhill really fast and Sam had never been ill a day in his life and had a massive stroke the eve we were due to loose Gypsy the next day - the vet said "maybe he knew" so it was kinder to loose them both together than break their hearts by parting them.

Although is broke ours.

Karen
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Kazz that must have been really hard for you all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 09:16 PM
It was heartbreaking my younger sister was away on holiday abroad and Gypsy seemed to rally then when my sister came back on the Wed Gypsy went downhill over night it was as if she wanted the family together (she would have even protected us with her life - she and Sam came when we were all in our teens and left when we were adults) Yet we had all left home by then odd isn;t it.
Sam had only been parted from her twice once when they were younger and she came into season he did not mind that as they were both obviously young but she was spayed next time. And then the second time my brother took Sam who was about 6 then, on a camping trip he only spent three nights away and he quickly returned Sam had howled all night and so had Gypsy.
Mick who was 20, then went on the trip taking both of them "happiness" reigned we never tried to part them again where one went the other went. Always for the next 10 years.

Although when Gypsy was diagnosed with cancer she had to have tests and was kept in the vets for half a day and do you know Sam would not leave the vets he lay in the waiting room with one of us all the while she was there (I am sure we could have got him out but to be honest we really didn;t want to)
The vets nurses all cried because they said he looked soo sad lying there legs out Staffie fashion not moving just staring at the door she went in.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >