Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

21-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Laura
I was thinking the same thing there Azz lol.
And that's after seeing his posts on other threads after I have edited them

Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2005, 02:04 PM
I was of the same opinion but didnt want to say. I will be to scared to walk over wooden bridges soon.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 02:21 PM
If the person complains the dog won't be put to sleep. If the dog makes a habit of injuring people then there will be serious problems.

I don't think it's a good idea for your friend to have to tell people to stay away from his dog. Not only will this give the neighborhood a bad impression of a misunderstood breed, it will also take away opportunities where the dog can learn to behave with non threatening strangers. A true protector can be taken anywhere and be around anybody. An unstable dog must be kept away from people. Sounds like the dog may need some training to ensure this never happens again? The presa already has a horrible reputation after the California incident. To prevent BSL against the Presa, all owners of Presas (and other bull breeds) should have well behaved examples of the breed. JMO.
Mizraab
New Member!

21-03-2005, 04:29 PM
ok guyz ...there is some big confusion about me here ..

i living here in Villa Rica Georgia . Yes i doesnt know anything about Georgia stats laws . talk about Pakistan there is no dog law in Pakistan your dog can kill somebody and you would not have no problem at all .

my friend presa canario is 2 years old . i know about the breed because i got one myself . I dont know the georgia laws neither my friend . if you guyz dont believe it .i will post his dog pictures .

so all i want to know is my friend can get in trouble if that guy complain about it ?????
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

21-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Mr.Spock
http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/Georgia.html

There is a link for Georgia dog laws.
Mizraab I think the above was some help!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

21-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Also Mizraab as a dog owner especially owning a large dog you should be aware what the laws pertaining to dog biting/attacks are wherever you live. This in my opinion is part of responsible dog owning.
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 04:47 PM
I couldn't agree more, Roxy!!

my friend presa canario is 2 years old . i know about the breed because i got one myself . I dont know the georgia laws neither my friend . if you guyz dont believe it .i will post his dog pictures .

so all i want to know is my friend can get in trouble if that guy complain about it ?????
I think people are just very surprised you or your friend can own a dog, any dog, without knowing the laws pertaining to dogs. As Roxy says, it's particularly important if you own a big dog.

I'd seriously follow the link Mr. Spock posted, and tell your friend to aswell.
Mizraab
New Member!

21-03-2005, 08:00 PM
thanx spock for providing info about dogbiting law...

my presa is well socialized . my friend dog is socialized too but i dont know what happened but he was pretty scared because he does not want to loose his dog . he loves him to death . he asked me so i asked you guyz .

Thanks alot guyz .
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 10:41 PM
No problem...hope it gave you some useful information.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 05:21 AM
Yes, if the guy complains your friend could be held responsible. Hopefully he won't complain. The most that could happen after a complaint is the guy could sue, and the incident could mark the dogs permanent records with the animal control office. The dog would not be put to sleep for something that minor.

Most states have the one bite/one incident law, meaning this time he'll get away with it, next time the repercussions will be more serious than just paying for the doctors bill. The incident this past time isn't as serious as a bite, but still a person is responsible for what their pets do.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2