View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Hi I may be a little bit late on this but better late than never.

My two sound like WWIII honestly they have got louder as the pup has got older and I have to say it can be either of them that starts it.
I do the same as SB and when they do my head in I just say "Oi" or "Pack it in" and that works for about 10 minutes then they are off again - a little quiter and not as rumbuchious but soon goes back to WWIII.

They only did it once on a walk and I immediately stopped it. Not acceptable they behave or play nicely on walks - just my thing.

The only advice I have for you Carole is they will get LOUDER as Finn gets older. Get ear plugs if it bugs you. Or when my Dad is here he switches off his hearing aid and siots totaly oblivious.

Just leave them to it they stop and you know its playing just live with it, its Boxer and Bull breeds.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
They only did it once on a walk and I immediately stopped it. Not acceptable they behave or play nicely on walks - just my thing.

The only advice I have for you Carole is they will get LOUDER as Finn gets older. Get ear plugs if it bugs you.
Its the walks I was worried about It is Finn that starts it they just get the look in their eyes and they are off, if they get told to stop they stop for a few steps then start again. I need to be one step ahead of them I think. They are just full of fun as soon as they wake up until they go to sleep.

The noise I can cope with its the neighbours Im thinking about although they cant be as noisy as 3 kids can they
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 11:52 PM
It was my Tess that sarted it on walks too but I must admit I am always two steps ahead of my two I think its years of practice with Staffs - I would be useless with othe breeds

I warn Tess with a "Tessica" in a sternish voice. Or a "Tess behave" and distract her in some way. Either a stroke or a fuss or I stand still and she always come to see why?
Sal is not fussed about "playing" with the pup in the nutty way on walks which helps very much. But Sal can be stopped with a "Oi"
I have not had to resort to putting her back on her lead - and hope I don;t have to. She was a proper b*gger at about 5-6 months. But soon stopped.

Karen
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Ignore it until it gets so ear-splitting, head-ache making loud - then "ENOUGH"
He he! I use that one. They always shut up, they know I mean business when I use that word!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2