Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 10:04 PM

bitching and sniping advice please

well after a calm 1st day and a relatively calm 2nd day . 3 day tyson and topaz been ok with each other all day but the last hour or so have been a nightmare , they wont walk past each other woithout bitching and sniping .
tyson being quite rough and tumble but a gentle soul. keeps trying to get topaz to play with him shes having none of it and snaps at his overtures of friendship.this causes him to sulk and start barking at her which makes her worse .. . oh says to let them sort it out between them . i been paying tyson extra attention ( if thats possable ) incase hes feeling a little outa sorts .. topaz just wants to snuggle and sleep .
any ideas .. should i just let them get on with it and sort it out between them , am i doing something wrong ? i can honestly say i never had a pair of dogs who didnt get one before .. . but i havent had more than 1 dog for years now ,, am i panicing ? . all afternoon they have been fine with each other even a tug of war over a teddy didnt start a ruckus .. maybe its the heat getting to them ? any help truly appreciated .
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 10:36 PM
diane i reckon it colud be the weather my two have been fine all day but for the last hour have been niggling one wants to play but the other one dosent so he starts barking and making chaseing suggestions and the other one just lies there taking no notice so the one barking gets closer and closer then starts nipping at the other one then they end up having a two minute ding dong and settle back down then it starts all over again i just lets them sort it out
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 11:05 PM
thanks blue was just being a little over anxious about topaz settling in i think .. tyson just been sick .so perhaps hes not feeling to great and is just getting anoyed .probably the heat . . if hes no better by morning ill ring the vet ,, topaz is now snuggled up beside him . ! huh dogs!!! . id be lost without them though, they are my children .
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 11:08 PM
we all worry at times especially when pets are concerned thinking are we doing everything right,aww bless them my two have now settled down for the night give them a big hug and kiss from me
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 11:18 PM
will do .. in staying up with tyson as hes not feeling well i think this heats got to him a bit . thank god its just a little sick and only liquid . only on here to try and stayawake im usually in bed ages ago .. hbby on back shifyt so he can watch him in the morning whole i get some shut eye .. i cant go to bed ill worry too much to sleep
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Think she is just being a bitch, he will learn how to keep out of reach.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 12:28 PM
around 2 /2.30 last night she actually went to him to play . only when i was in the other room though . as soon as i went back in to the lounge she stopped and wanted cuddles again .. still almost 12 hours now and not 1 snap so they must be settling in .. ( fingers crossed )
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 12:37 PM
diane how is tyson today is he feeling any better
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 01:47 PM
yep no probs today so far ,, think it was just to much heat . i gave him some plain bio yog to help settle his tummy hes fine now , hes lying on his bd now with a fan on to help keep him cool .loving the draft it creates
lovely of you to think of him blue thankyou
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 03:08 PM
aww diane im so glad to hear tyson is feeling alot better cos i know you was worried over him last night
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >