View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2007, 08:58 PM

Is it just me or is the time of year that is affecting dogs ?

Both my two are complete loons lately, they are that bad I'm sure they'd be giving Casanova a run for his title

I dont know if it's the time of year or what, but lately the boys have been extra idiotic. I took the flattie out today for a lesson with a friend and wouldnt sit still, (nothing new there ! ) but he was into everything, he eventually settled down and did some nice work, but he was into everything and even after an hour so the hormones kicked in a bit. Norty boy. Mine have never tried to hump anothe dog before, but the golden for the first time in his life tried to hump a friends bitch a few weeks ago and was promptly told off, today my flattie was definately pestering her but was promptly put on the lead after he was 'shouted' at by her.

I get home this afternoon and seems the other dog (the golden) is a on a hump fest. He cant seem to leave the flattie alone, even when he was fast asleep minding his own business, the golden decided again 'Yehaa I'm up for it!' he promptly stopped when was told off.

I've never known the pair of them to be as frisky as this, anyone have any ideas on why they are getting to be like this lately ? Both are un neutered , 5 and 6 and have always had the odd hormone moment but never like this. What would be causing this ? Could a bitch be in heat somewhere and it be affecting the two of them for the first time ? I've lived next door to a breeder before and they were both ok with it, I didnt get any howling or going off food, or any different sort of behaviour before... I'm just lost as to what could be causing this hump fest for the two of them. Little bug*ers
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2007, 09:13 PM
There's gotta be something. Luca is being a right royal mare today. She's currently bugging the hell out of my OH to play with her ball with her

All three have been tearing round like lunatics Shaan keeps holding his head up, sniffing the air, so he knows something is going on (Not sure if he's worked out what yet )
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
There's gotta be something. Luca is being a right royal mare today. She's currently bugging the hell out of my OH to play with her ball with her

All three have been tearing round like lunatics Shaan keeps holding his head up, sniffing the air, so he knows something is going on (Not sure if he's worked out what yet )
I have a Newfie and its guaranteed that if there is a bitch anywhere near season time he will know and he drives me insane. He will try to hump anything female even myself if I sit down within range.Very difficult to fight off a randy Newfie with a couple of dodgy arms and legs[me that is not the dog!!!!] but all the family think it's hilarious and are always threatening to take a couple of shots and send them to you've been framed
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Jess' recall has totaly gone to pot the last day or so, ok in the pup but she's 8 going on 9!

Must be something in the air
Deb13
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Don't laugh but has anybody noticed a difference in their dogs at around the time of the full moon ? ! Affects people, so probably dogs too !
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Kain is on a major humping spree just now, and its not like him, he was told off a few times yesterday trying it on with his bro, Bad Boy ! And when were out they both are sniffing furiously all over the place.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Have noticed gemma scent marking more of late ,but as far as sniffin gos she always sniffs everything all the time (incase its edible) but to be honest i think some bitches give off a certain scent (not sure what )but you can bet your life that if any dog is feeling frisky ,he'll find gemma ,amazing she's been spayed for years ,but she soon shows them the error of their ways