View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2011, 12:01 PM
It's one of the best programs on the tv just now. Nature is brutal. The female took a bit of a doing, where did the male go? did he just slink off?
Maddies ears were twitching away!

A few weeks ago, the killer whales (i think) teasing a seal was quite shocking too. Just playing with it, at the end the exhausted seal was just resigned to his fate, as they pulled him under for the last time.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 12:33 PM
The seal and the whales was hard for me to watch. Sad clip, but that is nature for you

I didn't get a chance to watch FP , so will watch tonight!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Our Breagh was getting stuck into the TV too
Lol yes Eddie has now added wolves, bison, wolverines, ermine and voles to the list of animals who appear to quake with fear and disappear when he charges at the tv
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 04:37 PM
It's hard to watch & I have to keep reminding myself it's nature, but an amazing series (worth having HD for!)
It's the last one next week.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 05:35 PM
I've loved the whole series. But then, anything with David Attenbourgh narrating HAS to be good!

I don't know why but I find the penguins hilarious every time I watch them.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I've loved the whole series. But then, anything with David Attenbourgh narrating HAS to be good!

I don't know why but I find the penguins hilarious every time I watch them.
Me too! even when they're just stood there they have me giggling, they're such characters!

The new 'happy feet' film is out soon and i'm not a person for films, especially not cartoons! But that one I love purely for the penguin characters!
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Yes, I saw it and was awestruck!

I wonder how the wolf was after though, looked like she had quite a beating. I really thought the bison was going to kill her at one point.

Will that meal have been her last.......?
BangKaew
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I'm loving the series as whole but tonight's episode was amazing.

Did anybody see the footage of the battle between the Wolf and the Bison ?
saw it yesterday on the iplayer and it was incredibly moving. Normally it appears as if it is a quick kill while that really showed the brutality of it. Perfectly natural i know. There was a point where they both were standing there knackered literally and I hoped that they might become friends! Makes you appreciate being human and made me want to be a meat refuser. If people had to kill their own food there would be a lot less meat eaten I'm sure! I was thinking the other day how
casually i eat meat in the form of a snack! Ordering up chicken noodles or a bacon sandwich with no thought at all!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 11:38 AM
I read the title as Wolf vs Bichon and was thinking what a poor little Bichon
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by BangKaew View Post
saw it yesterday on the iplayer and it was incredibly moving. Normally it appears as if it is a quick kill while that really showed the brutality of it. Perfectly natural i know. There was a point where they both were standing there knackered literally and I hoped that they might become friends! Makes you appreciate being human and made me want to be a meat refuser. If people had to kill their own food there would be a lot less meat eaten I'm sure! I was thinking the other day how
casually i eat meat in the form of a snack! Ordering up chicken noodles or a bacon sandwich with no thought at all!
i didnt see the program,but the way wolves hunt is never quick...it can take days.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >