Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 04:17 PM

Zena's waiting for her playmate today

My gardener friend is due here at 4.30 with his little rescue choccy lab who Zena let in to share her pool last summer, you might remember I posted up some pics of her pool party

Anyhoo, the lawn is very wet.....hmmmmmm, a nice lawn or a happy Zena and choccie lab?????!!!! No contest!!! It'll grow back spring is coming isn't it!! I will try and get some pics and I hope she doesn't attack him when he gets in her bootroom!!!!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 05:33 PM
I hope Zena and her buddy had fun and that you still have a blade or two of grass left!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
with his little rescue choccy lab who Zena let in to share her pool last summer, you might remember
oh heck I don't remember maybe I missed it somehow, I love choccy Labs so would love to see some pics of the two of them.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 06:30 PM
OMG what a fiasco!!!! My lawn...... ahemm mud bath......and Zena...... well, she got the hose treatment she was plastered in mud!!!!

She barked at big, tall Colin, but he's nearly 7ft but she stopped when we let Jake out of his van to come onto the driveway, and then it was bedlam, off they raced out into the garden, chasing each other around, behind the summerhouse Zena went, he'd be waiting for her the other side, oh what fun they had! they ended up having some kind of boxing match

I couldn't take any pics coz I was too busy trying to stop Georgie from humping him, then he tried to hump Georgie inbetween zoooooooming around my lovely lawn with Zena! It was lovely to watch her running and playing with a dog she really loves. He didn't want to leave her when I shoved her back indoors, he was crying by the back door and so was she the other side, but we had to stop them, they would have died of exhaustion.

I might actually get a bit of peace tonight....... but then againn Dave has just come home and I can hear that bladdy squeaky ball getting a bashing!!!!! Oh lordy, does this dog never tire
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Oh how lovely isn't it good when they have a special friend.
But what about your beautiful garden? Will it recover? Good job your friend is a gardener
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Lol! Yes it is Jen, whilst they were hurfing around the trees, I did ask him how much to returf the whole lawn again!!!!! I have never seen Zena play quite so hard as that in her life, it was so lovely to watch, we were laughing, especially at old Georgie trying to get a look in, and I don't know how he managed to sneak out of the house quite honestly, I didn't want him joining in at his age!!!

This was when they first met in the summer at her pool party, when she let him into HER house to play ( some aggressive dog huh?!)

She hadn't seen him again until today, but she remembered him alright! I'm going to dogsit him when Colin goes on holiday that'll be fun!!! I'd like to dogKNAP him if I'm honest lol!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Aw! Such fun. Isn`t it great when they play so enthusiastically.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Yes, but isn't it also strange, that I've never seen her play quite so enthusiastically with any other dog, but then he's the same age as her, so I now know what my next rescue dog will have to be

Bless her heart, she wanted to go out in the garden just now, and when I let her out, she just stood there on the top step looking back at me as if to say "where's he gone mum"??!! She needs a playmate like him (and so do I!!!!) I wonder if I could persuade Dave to let me have another even though we still have our beloved Georgie. I'm going to work on him anyway after seeing this today. Maybe if I just took the foster route it would be a start
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Are you sure thats not a ploy from the gardener? Get his dog to help destroy your lawn then put a new one down for you. Great tactics!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Are you sure thats not a ploy from the gardener? Get his dog to help destroy your lawn then put a new one down for you. Great tactics!
Lol, yes, but I was the one who instigated all this!!!! I'm desperate for a peaceful evening one of these days, but even this trick didn't work, she's got that squeaky ball again plonked at my feet!!! Can't knock it, after all that complaining I did about how boring old Georgie was before she came into my life, and even he's perked up now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >