View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Loki's Mum - Thanks, I'll do what I can - have sent you a PM.
kirstin_mad_dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Hi
i have a retriever collie cross but fortunately the hair on his back in end is more collie, the rest is silky retriever!
i havent had the "clingon" problem but i do use an undercoat stripping brush ( its called hair raiser) and i have to say it is brilliant! i has the narrow comb for stripping but you can flip it over and it has a normal metal brush, the first time i brush caleb i got a carrier bag full of fluff off him!

have you tried dry shampoo spray and some kitchen roll to wipe the rear end? i got it for the cat but shes exceedingly unimpressed by it but the dog isnt fussed!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 11:06 PM
I have a collie x retreiver (I think) so she has it all, undercoat/overcoat, trouser fur..... but luckily no cling ons!!
She wouldn't let me groom her & ended up with a massive knot near her bottom. I can't tell you how mortified I was & she was when she had to be sedated at the vets & have her bottom shaved bare (she looked like a baboon!)
Since then I have taken her every 4 weeks to the groomers for a proper brush through & have been for the last 2 years. She hated it at first & still wears a muzzle, but is much more relaxed. Whilst keeping her natural look she is also trimmed from time to time. Worth every penny!
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Another one who takes the clippers to feathers on bums to keep them short
kirstin_mad_dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2012, 06:37 AM
oooh Tillymint your dog looks the spitting image of my Caleb! didnt theink they were a very common cross?
theo&milly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-05-2012, 10:18 PM
I have a cavalier king Charles so to prevent poo chunk incidents I baby wipe him after the act and so far he's been poo free. He stayed in a pet hotel recently and came out with a poo chunk bum but a quick bath put that right. I also baby wipe his peeper so he never smells of wee. This way I don't have to trim his beautiful coat and trousers feathers which are part of his natural handsomeness.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2