Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
urbangypsy
New Member!
Female 

11-10-2008, 02:14 PM

morning sickness or bug?

Hi there, I have a small dog who is one week pregnant and yesterday brought her morning food straight back, since then she has been vomiting and has had diarhorrea which was a dark orange colour! Both sickness and diarhorrea have now stopped however she hasnt eaten anything at all now since yesterday am. I have never had a pregnant bitch that has been sick before and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this in a pregnant bitch or is it maybe a one off 'bug'. If she doesnt eat today then I will call the vet out tomorrow. Any one experienced similar.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Sorry you pooch is under the weather. Yea I would get her checked out by the vet seeing as she is ahem "with child"
Sounds like a bug to me esp with the diare (never could spell that . . .loose poo) If it was morning sickness then I think (I'm no expert though) it would just be vomiting.
Get the vet to check her out for peace of mind.
Don't forget some pics of the newborns when they arrive
urbangypsy
New Member!
Female 

11-10-2008, 02:21 PM
thanks elaine, I have spoken with the vet yesterday who said to contact him today if still being sick, she isnt so havent spoken to him again. If not eating properly by tomorrow I will get him to check her over. I will let you know how she goes
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 02:26 PM
glad she's on the mend let us know what the vet says. don't forget the piccies of the babies. How far gone is she. (sorry you did say) she's one week? Oh well we will just have to be patient then
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 03:17 PM
My girls aren't normally sick until between 3-4 weeks pregnant as this is when the foetus have attached, to be honest at 7 days post mating, there's not really anything to make them sick etc as they've not even implanted yet. Maybe she just has an upset tummy.
urbangypsy
New Member!
Female 

11-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks for that, hope it was/is upset tummy. 36 hours now since she ate anything so hope she picks up soon
thanks for your response it is appreciated