View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
safneo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2007, 07:39 PM
I could never agree to CS training methods but I did use JF book when I first had Neo my BC. He was already nervy and needed love and attention. Her 'ignoring' methods didnt work for him at all. In fact they made him into the emotional wreck he is today. Well she didnt, but I did by following her book Now he never gets ignored when I come in. I always say 'hello' and then take my coat of etc. He waits patiently now knowing that he is next in line (along with his sister) for my attention. Assuming OH isnt home I tried the 'eating before' thing. Whats the point? In the wild (bearing in mind her teaching is based on wolves), wolves dont eat before their pups!

If anything it teaches novice owners consistency which is the only good thing I can say about her.

Ian Dunbar/ Karen Pryor/ Jean Donaldson for me anytime.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Who is Ceasar Milan?

That's what I was going to ask!! Now I've seen the pic I realize it's who I've seen on Sky once or twice! He seems good
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2007, 08:43 AM
i watch Ceasar Milan i think some of what he does is good and some not but everyone does training diffrently. i have taped his to watch and its good see to the dogs change as well.
bebe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2007, 09:04 PM
I think Ceasar Milan is a barbaric little man. (Probably "small willy syndrome", makes him want to bully dogs and vulnerable owners). His methods are cruel, Id rather stick pins in my eyes than let him anywhere near my dogs

I also think Jan Fennel is only slightly better. She "steals" her outdated methods from old-school type trainers, gives it another name, and calls it her own. She also doesnt see any dog as in individual, its all just one blanket approach to every dog, and every problem. I dont feel shes in in "for the dogs" at all, its all money-orientated with her.

If its good books anyone is after, The Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson is brilliant, so is "Fight" and "Mine!". Also anything by Turid Rugass, her calming signals book is short but good:smt001 Getting In TTouch With Your Dog, by Linda Tellington-Jones is another great book in my opinion, although I guess it depends on the method you believe in.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Hey there Bebe, you made it

Excellent book recommendations there.
bebe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2007, 12:07 PM
:smt041 Lindsay, good to hear from you!

Dont go far, I may need to pick your brains (again ) about Ty soon.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by bebe View Post
:smt041 Lindsay, good to hear from you!

Dont go far, I may need to pick your brains (again ) about Ty soon.
I'm always around...
ibhande
New Member!
Female 

10-01-2015, 09:03 PM
I'm reading her book now, I'm finding that I'm already doing much of her methods instinctively . . . Example; I noticed that my dog looks to me when I put her food down for her, so I eat something (even pretend to) and she then digs right in! . . .
Example; when she isn't listening to me I ignore her and won't look at her, afterwords she is very loving toward me
It's sooooo clear!
ibhande
New Member!
Female 

10-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Wolves DO eat before their pups
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by ibhande View Post
Wolves DO eat before their pups
...do they have you proof of this?
I would say sometimes they do sometimes they don't depending on the kill.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >