View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Monty's Mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-01-2007, 02:48 PM
I have never seen her on television but definitely love The Dog Whisperer, even recorded many of his shows to watch over again. And I still own a dog that is as daft as a brush!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Im not a fan at all, I think she twitters on constantly and I want to throttle her I'm more into Cesar Millan too
I know what you mean. I was quite interested at first, but her constant phrase "do you see what I'm saying" just drive me nuts now
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2007, 03:06 PM
i watch her show sometimes and although she is a tad full of herself, some of her ideas are good, although i agree with moobli that this cant work for everydog,
ive also seen Cesar Millan's show and the only difference's i can see is tht he use's force and actual contact with the dog - i dont mean petting it- whereas Jan use's body language and no contact except for petting the dog on neck/head/shoulders(sp?) and he says to use choke chains etc. whereas jan dosent because she/you dont need to use them.
"Cesar is a self-proclaimed dog behaviorist (although he holds no degree in applied animal behavior)"
just like Jan

so i would choose Jan over Cesar based on what ive said and some other things.
this is just my opinion.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by x_rose_x View Post
i watch her show sometimes and although she is a tad full of herself, some of her ideas are good, although i agree with moobli that this cant work for everydog,
ive also seen Cesar Millan's show and the only difference's i can see is tht he use's force and actual contact with the dog - i dont mean petting it- whereas Jan use's body language and no contact except for petting the dog on neck/head/shoulders(sp?) and he says to use choke chains etc. whereas jan dosent because she/you dont need to use them.
"Cesar is a self-proclaimed dog behaviorist (although he holds no degree in applied animal behavior)"
just like Jan

so i would choose Jan over Cesar based on what ive said and some other things.
this is just my opinion.
I would agree with this. I do like Jan Fennell and think she really has an understanding of dogs and I prefer her approach to Caeser Milan. I have only watched his programme once and I could never watch it again. He was showing a woman how to groom her extremely nervous rescue Bichon. I am sure all the Caeser fans know the one I mean. Well that dog was not enjoying the experience at all and even though he did manage to groom the dog through extreme physical force I felt so sorry for the poor dog and found myself wishing he had taken a bigger chunk out of that mans hand sorry to all the Caeser fans. Just my opinion
Nic xx
ChaKira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Jan runs courses on what she teaches, this course costs £300!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Who is Ceasar Milan?
ChaKira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Who is Ceasar Milan?
his Dog Whisperer shows are on Sky...I think you are better not knowing...not a comfortable watch IMO, I saw the one Berger described too and won't watch it again. Not good.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-01-2007, 03:21 PM
http://dogpsychologycenter.com/dpc/dpctour.php

Moobli the link is for the cesar millan dog psychology centre
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I agree with what Moobli said. She seems to think that every problem can be solved using one technique when in reality you should have a variety of techniques available to you.
Becky
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »