Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Well you have been using it fine to make posts both initial and in response to other posts, yet I find it very peculiar that you have consistently failed to identify the trainer/club in question.

I also find it odd that you have not continued to train with Christine and moved elsewhere?

However it sounds as though you do not need our help after all, despite your original post.........
I was thinking exactly the same thing SB! The story doesnt seem to be adding up, maybe this is a wind up
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Indubitably, hence why I went OTT on the first post........................
julesandtoby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Well you have been using it fine to make posts both initial and in response to other posts, yet I find it very peculiar that you have consistently failed to identify the trainer/club in question.

I also find it odd that you have not continued to train with Christine and moved elsewhere?

However it sounds as though you do not need our help after all, despite your original post.........
Using the post is probably just luck, when in constant pain its hard to concentrate (laughing). I would have loved to have continued to train with Christine but was out of my hands. Circumstances happen in people`s life`s can be out of their control unfortunately. Wish you and your furry friends all the best.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Indubitably, hence why I went OTT on the first post........................
Mmmm.. I gathered that last night Sherlock
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by julesandtoby View Post
Never be too quick to judge (laughing) ..... your comments are quite hurtful.
I did not intend to be hurtful and I do not think for one minute that they were. I also apologised if I had misunderstood you.

Originally Posted by julesandtoby View Post
I joined dogsey with the hope that people would sear me in the right direction....life is hard enough as it is you never know whats around the corner
You are not the only person for whom life is hard. I have been a permanent wheelchair user for many years now.

Using the post is probably just luck, when in constant pain its hard to concentrate (laughing).
Once again I will say that you are not the only person who is in constant pain.

To be perfectly frank, I think you are a WUM.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi and welcome to dogsey

So sorry this has happend, it is totaly NOT normal dog training, it is abuse by a self important bully
Unfortunatly far too many people still use cruel methods to train dogs - and as you seen it dosent work in many cases and in the cases where it does work it works for the wrong reasons

SOme great advice for finding trainers in your area has already been given
You or whoever is taking your pup (I am sorry I am a little unclear here) should go along to a class first and see - if it feels any way uncomfy then dont go
IF a trainer tried to do anything you are not sure of then dont let them - they can demo on their own dog

Hopefully he wont have any lasting mental scars from this treatment and you can find a good trainer
I agree for just now its possibly better to get a one to one behaviourist to help with your problem and later you can try classes again
julesandtoby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
A few years back I went to a dog trainer local and he made my happy healthy outgoing puppy a nervous wreck in 5 minutes flat. We wnet to obseve and when we went to leave he took me and the pup outside the hall for a chat and to see about us joining.

Zanta had a habit of chewing on her lead he told me this was dominance grabbed the laed form my hand yanked her and shouted in her face and she wet herself.

The look on my face must of spoken volumes before I could take or grab the lead back he handed it over rather sheepishly and I told him in no uncertain terms no thank you.

I should of and I do regret no doing so as then I wasn't sure about how to do it wish I had reported him but I did tell all other puppy owners who spoke of this class what he had done to my pup and I would seriously look for another class.

Not sure what it did for his reputation I don't suppose it did any damage but I have learnt not to take any nonsense in the future from trainers tell them if you are not happy and move on to somewhere else till you find somewhere you and the pup are happy with.

I understand this is more difficult for you Jules.
Ah bless you Lynn thank you for your kind words do hope your pup wasnt affected long term. Sure little man will pick up he`s coming back to his old boncy self (laughing). Had some unkind things said to me which is hard, but never mind we will get there in the end. After losing my spaniel of at 16.1/2 tobes give me my life back....poor pet has never known a home was in broading kennels than two dogs homes before he came to me, so didnt even know a home yet alone the outside world. Wish you all the best I may have to come off of the dogsey site because some of the comments are quite hurtful. Not really sure how I am replying back to these messages (laughing) just luck I think...
julesandtoby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Hi and welcome to dogsey

So sorry this has happend, it is totaly NOT normal dog training, it is abuse by a self important bully
Unfortunatly far too many people still use cruel methods to train dogs - and as you seen it dosent work in many cases and in the cases where it does work it works for the wrong reasons

SOme great advice for finding trainers in your area has already been given
You or whoever is taking your pup (I am sorry I am a little unclear here) should go along to a class first and see - if it feels any way uncomfy then dont go
IF a trainer tried to do anything you are not sure of then dont let them - they can demo on their own dog

Hopefully he wont have any lasting mental scars from this treatment and you can find a good trainer
I agree for just now its possibly better to get a one to one behaviourist to help with your problem and later you can try classes again
Thank you for your kind words Ben, it is sad isnt it - my little man is getting back to his normal bouncy self. So he`ll probably be fine!! Totally agree with your comments.....wish you all the best.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2011, 04:03 PM
I am sorry you feel some of the comments are unkind.

I am sure they are not meant to be. We are all very passionate about dogs here and lots of people have some very good advice and I think sometimes it may sound harsh but they are really trying to help you and your pup.

Everything turned out well in the end thank you as I am sure it will for you as long as you do not send him back to that awful bully.

Stick around we are an ok bunch and you will get some good advice not always what you want to hear sometimes but good advice nonetheless.
julesandtoby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I am sorry you feel some of the comments are unkind.

I am sure they are not meant to be. We are all very passionate about dogs here and lots of people have some very good advice and I think sometimes it may sound harsh but they are really trying to help you and your pup.

Everything turned out well in the end thank you as I am sure it will for you as long as you do not send him back to that awful bully.

Stick around we are an ok bunch and you will get some good advice not always what you want to hear sometimes but good advice nonetheless.
Bless you some of you sound lovely, look at the threads it not very nice against me.....My littleman is not a pup, he 5 a rescue dog who originally was in boarding kennels, than two dogs homes he`s never really know a home or the outside world....I trained him well in the home but having spinal injuries and being in a wheelchair need help in the outside world. Its been a joy to train him but not easy - he`s gave me my life back, even trained him to pee in a pottie.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >