View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 06:42 AM
There is also the Guild of Dog Trainers.

http://godt.org.uk/
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Please dont take your little dog back to those people and let people on here know who they are so others wont go there. I really dont know what I would do if someone did that to any of my dogs, I think like Lynn I would have slammed them up against the wall
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2011, 07:12 AM
A few years back I went to a dog trainer local and he made my happy healthy outgoing puppy a nervous wreck in 5 minutes flat. We wnet to obseve and when we went to leave he took me and the pup outside the hall for a chat and to see about us joining.

Zanta had a habit of chewing on her lead he told me this was dominance grabbed the laed form my hand yanked her and shouted in her face and she wet herself.

The look on my face must of spoken volumes before I could take or grab the lead back he handed it over rather sheepishly and I told him in no uncertain terms no thank you.

I should of and I do regret no doing so as then I wasn't sure about how to do it wish I had reported him but I did tell all other puppy owners who spoke of this class what he had done to my pup and I would seriously look for another class.

Not sure what it did for his reputation I don't suppose it did any damage but I have learnt not to take any nonsense in the future from trainers tell them if you are not happy and move on to somewhere else till you find somewhere you and the pup are happy with.

I understand this is more difficult for you Jules.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 07:40 AM
It's amazing that so many dog trainers out there still think all sorts of natural behaviours (such as chewing on a lead or pulling on one) is about domimance. The sooner this word disappears from dog training and behaviour, the better!

Also that they feel they can just grab the lead from an owner and be (basically) violent towards their dog. I never take a dog from an owner unless I ask them first and explain what I am going to do, apart from anything else, it's only good manners!

Wys
x
julesandtoby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Morning all you lovely doggie people would like to thank you all so very much for your concerns, help and comments. I am new to this site and unsure how to use it correctly at this stage, for some reason it doesnt let me reply!! To let you all know that my carer who was fantastic with my littleman and my guardian angel unfortunately been diagnosed with MS, I have a new helper who started the night of the training classes - after that situation I pray it wont be her last!! Someone mentioned about Chris Emerson, yes totally agree she is wonderful has helped my littleman in the past with the sponsorship of the vets, but when the papers didnt get involved I think that was the end of that!! Apologies not for being able to reply to you all individually and thank you all again x x x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2011, 09:37 AM
So the person who actually took your dog to the training class was someone who had only just started working for you that evening?

Perhaps I am rather peculiar, but I would never let someone who would basically be a stranger to my dog even take her for a short walk until both I and my dog were fully acquainted with that person .
julesandtoby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2011, 09:57 AM
No of course not, my lady who has been diagnosed with MS was with us who knows my little man as well as I do...it was devasting to all of us she was our guardian angel....No one would even come into my home if they are not dog friendly! He loves everyone and they love him....I would do anything for him however hard in can be!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2011, 10:04 AM
I do apologise for my confusion, only when you said:

I have a new helper who started the night of the training classes - after that situation I pray it wont be her last!!
I thought you meant that the new helper took the dog to the training class.

Please excuse my misunderstanding.
julesandtoby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Never be too quick to judge (laughing) ..... your comments are quite hurtful. I joined dogsey with the hope that people would sear me in the right direction....life is hard enough as it is you never know whats around the corner
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by julesandtoby View Post
Morning all you lovely doggie people would like to thank you all so very much for your concerns, help and comments. I am new to this site and unsure how to use it correctly at this stage, for some reason it doesnt let me reply!! To let you all know that my carer who was fantastic with my littleman and my guardian angel unfortunately been diagnosed with MS, I have a new helper who started the night of the training classes - after that situation I pray it wont be her last!! Someone mentioned about Chris Emerson, yes totally agree she is wonderful has helped my littleman in the past with the sponsorship of the vets, but when the papers didnt get involved I think that was the end of that!! Apologies not for being able to reply to you all individually and thank you all again x x x
Well you have been using it fine to make posts both initial and in response to other posts, yet I find it very peculiar that you have consistently failed to identify the trainer/club in question.

I also find it odd that you have not continued to train with Christine and moved elsewhere?

However it sounds as though you do not need our help after all, despite your original post.........
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »