Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 07:47 PM
The only people holding dog training in Great Somerford are Dawn/George Bennett
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Well they go under the name of D & G Obedience Training, so are you saying this is where your incident occurred?

Unfortunately this is not a Kennel Club registered club so they cannot take any sanctions against the club, but they could against the owners/trainers if they compete in any KC licensed events (if it is they to whom you refer)
liz bain
New Member!
Female 

02-07-2011, 07:56 PM
I think she has already said she is dealing with the situation but wanted help regarding her dog....and that she is disabled so thats why she cant do the vets run....maybe a few names of dog trainers would be good ...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by liz bain View Post
I think she has already said she is dealing with the situation but wanted help regarding her dog....and that she is disabled so thats why she cant do the vets run....maybe a few names of dog trainers would be good ...
Well I am afraid coming on to a site and stating that a dog trainer abused their dog means some of us would want to ensure that this person was identified and the proper authorities have been informed.

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/2574

Here is a list of KC registered dog training clubs in Wiltshire.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by julesandtoby View Post
Hello I am a new comer to dogsey, a friend put me onto it
Who is your friend Jules? I take it she is already a member of Dogsey. Do we all know him/her?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi Liz, welcome to Dogsey, are you the friend that pointed Jules in our direction?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-07-2011, 08:13 PM
If she cannot do the vets run, who takes/took the dog to the training class?
liz bain
New Member!
Female 

02-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by julesandtoby
Hello I am a new comer to dogsey, a friend put me onto it

i would not imagine so as i have only just joined.... o/h is watching tv so looked on dog sites... normally go on alaskan mal sites....and thanks for the welcome...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2011, 06:04 AM
That is awful.

I agree with SB and the others this or these people need to be reported. I am a little confused by post 12 you say you rely on friends to take him does that mean to the vets and the training again ? Surely he will not be going back to the training class.

Your poor little dog is frightend enough without some bully making him even more fearful.

Good job it wasn't me the trainer would of been slammed against a wall if they did that to my dog.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 06:40 AM
Hi,

Sorry to hear that your little dog has had a very horrible time at this trainer's place. Unfortunately, there are some trainers who live in the dark ages and who use punishment or even abuse to try to train or control dogs .

I understand this must all be very stressful for you. I think the main thing is that you can find another dog trainer who you can rely on to treat your dog kindly

You may want to look at these:
http://www.apdt.co.uk/trainers_area.asp?area=Wiltshire (Chris Emerson is very good).

Also, this may help when choosing a dog training class, perhaps you could show this to to the person who takes your dog to classes:

How to Choose a Trainer:

http://www.apdt.co.uk/choosing_dog_trainer_uk.asp

I do hope things can be resolved so that you can trust the next dog trainer. However, if your little fella is very nervous of other dogs then a class situation may not actually be the best thing.

A lot depends on the situation. Sometimes it is better to get some behavioural help so that the dog and owner can cope more with fears

Always choose someone from a reputable organisation (APDT, or APBC for behaviourists). There are a lot of "dog whisperers" around and other people who say they can perform miracles, and this is usually with harsh treatment.

Re. the dog trainers who were abusive to your dog, I understand it can be very stressful to report such people, but if possible it would be good to do this, because it may prevent others going through this. It isn't acceptable and no good dog trainer would do what you described, be assured of that.

Wys
x
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »