View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Greenfae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2011, 04:22 PM
I can't help but notice that you have chosen to ignore the comments about this hurting the dog or causing it discomfort
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by wonder collar View Post
Hi All

May I first apoligise for using my trade name and if the admin would like to contact me, I am more than willing to change it.

Secondly, all this talk about dog training, yes most dogs are well trained but spare a thought for the rescue dogs that many people take in and some can be very difficult, I am at present working with two well known organisations who are very interested in my product.

Anyway moving on, with the amount of replies I recieved, this forum is very active. On this note, if there is enough interest, I can set up an area in Derbyshire where I can meet you and show you all how it works and how the dogs react to it and obviously answer any questions or concerns you may have.
This is not a sales ploy, this is for you guys to understand more about the subject of double collars.
hi

firstly..most peeps introduce themselves in the intro section first ... you'd of been seen slightly less of a salesman

2nd...what has rescues got to do with training to walk on a leash

i own what some would describe as 'difficult' breeds(and a couple of rescues of said breeds)... just takes extra time and thinking 'outside the box'.. patience....what a lot of dog owners lack...no tool takes the place of that imo.
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2011, 04:28 PM
personally i just dont like anything that tightens around the digs neck, the most i use is a half check but it is fixed so even that doesnt tighten past the length of a normal collar. i also train difficult dogs and have got wonderful results with the gentle Leader, always my preference for dogs that lunge and go mad at other dogs, you should teach your dog what you want through positive reinforcement, not plain force, which im afraid is what your collar is.
nice to see you anyway, its vicki here, from Rotherham
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 04:54 PM
never used one and very much doubt I ever will but seems like a new take on an older design (CM/Illusion)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi All
May I first apoligise for using my trade name and if the admin would like to contact me, I am more than willing to change it.

Secondly, all this talk about dog training, yes most dogs are well trained but spare a thought for the rescue dogs that many people take in and some can be very difficult, I am at present working with two well known organisations who are very interested in my product.

Anyway moving on, with the amount of replies I recieved, this forum is very active. On this note, if there is enough interest, I can set up an area in Derbyshire where I can meet you and show you all how it works and how the dogs react to it and obviously answer any questions or concerns you may have.
This is not a sales ploy, this is for you guys to understand more about the subject of double collars.
I appreciate your concerns about using a collar on the sensitive part of the neck but in some cases with difficult dogs, a double collar will work when other methods have failed, remembering, in the correct hands pressure does not need to be applied all the time, once the dog is wearing this type of collar, he will behave himself.
This looks to me like the Illusion Collar under another name. The only 'wonder' to me is that anyone would buy one.

Yes I spare a thought for rescue dogs, and I wouldn't use a collar like this one on them or on any dog
It looks to me that the collar works on the same principle as a choke collar, pull on it and it tightens like a noose only in this instance it is two nooses

I will pass on the invitation thanks , like many here I can train a dog without causing it discomfort .

ETA taken from the website...

''It has many benefits that will help you raise your puppy and improve behavior in the adult dog.
I can't see any benefit on using a collar like this one on a puppy, for me improving behaviour is down to the trainer and the training methods not the equipment.
The even distribution of pressure throughout the Scruffy Guider eliminates choking, making training less stressful for the human as well as the dog.
I don't see why it is necessary to use a collar which applies any pressure. I think applying pressure is stressful for the dog and it would be stressfull for this human too.

JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:03 PM

Anyway moving on, with the amount of replies I received, this forum is very active. On this note, if there is enough interest, I can set up an area in Derbyshire where I can meet you and show you all how it works and how the dogs react to it and obviously answer any questions or concerns you may have.

There are far better ways that this collar to train dogs that don't put pressure on the dog & I deal with lots & lots of rescue dogs. Head collars actually help calm dogs for starters. I train initially off lead with all dogs & they learn that to walk with me is very rewarding & not in the least painful
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:09 PM
So what are the benefits of using this collar over a regular collar? Surely you could explain those without us needing to come to Derbyshire?

I train initially off lead with all dogs & they learn that to walk with me is very rewarding & not in the least painful
This would be my preference if the situation allowed for it.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:10 PM
As far as I can see, the only resemblance it has to CM's "Ilusion" collar is that it is double.

Whatever the rights & wrongs of double collars, from what I have seen of the CM collar, the top part is actually a very thin cord-like slip-collar which tightens like a garotte and the second collar is only there to keep it in place.

So I'm not sure that it's an accurate or favourable comparison with this one, whatever the reasoning behind its usage is.

Edit: Just to clarify, I am referring to the collar in Azz's original post, the Scruffy Guider.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:13 PM
I`m thinking of changing my user name to
WACK-A-SADIST
and selling sticks for using on people who are too stupid, sadistic or venal to understand that hurting animals is morally unacceptable.
Of course I will offer to change it (perhaps to SMACK-A-PLANKER) if Admin so wishes.
Sticks may be purchased for only $200 via our farm in the Deep South of the ol` USA where all good dog devices hail from.
They have been lovingly grown to the highest standards and honed to a precise shape advised by NASA scientists after years of research.
These STIX (tm) do not hurt! and I will be happy to demonstrate this on any salemen who think we are stupid enough to believe the turgid drivel they are offering.

Yey! Go STIX (tm)
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Oye C&D

I patented the "Wack-me-Stix" 40 years ago, cunning hidden in an old copy of the local rag. They are only 150$ & come with a free instructional DVD on when & how to apply to the salesman/handler's head

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »