View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 04:19 PM
I can't remember where, but I've read that before. It's very good.

We reached point 13 in that story and like Tilly are slowly turning it around. He will let me put food in the bowl now while he eats and doesn't freeze when my husband walks past. It'll be slower with him because he's the one who ''tried to take his food'' but this story is great for showing you why it's happened and what could happen if you don't do something about it.

Good post.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Screeeeeeeeeam - 26 steps backwards today, this just goes to show how slow the process can be.
Went out this afternoon & as we were going to be a few hours I left Tilly happily with her kong. (Out is the only time I give it) We left at 2pm. Daughter rang at 3pm, she was home from her sat job early. She knows the score with the kong but I told her Tilly would prob be finished (it's only a small kong)
20 mins later, phone goes again
Daughter "what time you gonna be in"
Me " Bout an hour" (was in eastbourne) "why"
Daughter "well Tilly had finished her kong like you said so I filled it up again with cheese & chopped pork and gave it to her"............. wait for it..... "and now I'm locked in the downstairs toilet with her outside & everytime I try to come out she's really growling at me & going for my feet"
Me "why did you give it to her, you know the score bla bla bla - you are just going to have to either wait till she has finished or moved - or just boldy go & don't look at her but don't kick her" (you never know )
10mins later - daughter "it's ok I'm out, I just opened the door legged it to the fridge grabbed a strawberry, through it on the floor & ran upstairs. I'm in my room,hurry up"
Me: "she doesn't like strawberries"
daughter: " I know she left it on the floor"
So an important lesson for daughter to do as she's told re the dog. When I got back I made her come for walk with us & play with Tilly.
All was well - so I thought. An hour ago Tilly jumps on the sofa next to other daughter with her bone (the bone that we can all touch, can stroke her etc... the sofa which she tried to guard but I quickly claimed back) & gives daughter "the stiff look"
How frustrating! it's like she's lost all trust. I distracted her from the sofa & the bone has been put away.
Looks like I'm going to have to start again.
Thanks for listening - rant over!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your set back, though I really hope that in a few years when all the behaviour is behind you, you and your daughter will be able to laugh at that story.

Hopefully the set back isn't as big as you think - would be interesting to know whether she would've acted like that with you/your oh.

Do your daughters take part in training Tilly at all? Learning to do things for them in return for treats may help to establish a better/more trusting relationhip between them?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your set back, though I really hope that in a few years when all the behaviour is behind you, you and your daughter will be able to laugh at that story.

Hopefully the set back isn't as big as you think - would be interesting to know whether she would've acted like that with you/your oh.

Do your daughters take part in training Tilly at all? Learning to do things for them in return for treats may help to establish a better/more trusting relationhip between them?
The trapped in the toilet daughter only gets involved "when she feels like" (typical stroppy teenager) the other daughter takes part daily & sometimes comes to training.

I have to admit I did have a secret giggle about her being trapped in the loo
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9