Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2021, 07:58 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 3rd January. 2021

Good morning everyone, it feels so strange without her. I hope you and your four legged friends are all ok.

Have a good day, take it easy and stay safe and well, God bless you all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2021, 09:27 AM
Moyra it takes a lot of time. I feel for you. It is over 2 years since I lost my Tyto and he is still with me in spirit. Try to keep a photo of her out so that you can talk to her each morning and night. It helps.
Have a good day everyone. Been for my walk and it was a little chilly round the gills.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2021, 10:10 AM
Good morning all and hugs to you Moyra a massive gap my heart goes out to you.

Snow here all night but all gone this morning the rain came down. No work today changed shifts to Tues -Sat - 11 see how it goes plan was to drop some hours this year but pointless now as nowhere outside my tier to go and my tier is surrounded by lower tiers (forbidden) and to be honest not keen on going outside my routine now.

Lynn If you are reading this how is your lad getting on in Spain? and hope your grandson is still working.

Griff Have you or your parents spoken to your brother? hope he is okay.

Chris Have a great day. Hope the weather is kind to you and no snow how is your hubby any further forward with why he is rough?

Sue Baking or what today is the question on our lips...LOL

Brenda Ahhh gills so you will be swimming soon to then LOL

Losos Have a good day, what are your plans today?

Have a good day everyone. Catch you laters alligator's
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2021, 10:26 AM
Good morning everyone

Hugs to you Moyra just take it day by day.

You know me so well Kazz. Yes blackberry nd apple crumbles just gone into the oven one for lunch today and the rest in the freezer. ( One on the way to you Harvey) Not making any cakes as I think we have eaten enough over Christmas so a break is due

Damp out this morning but I don't think as cold. Sun is trying but for how long is anyones guess. Nearly everyone has taken their decorations down now

Hope all are well
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2021, 10:49 AM
good morn all

At last managed to get around to clean on car outside. Using a foam car product and water got all the dirt/dust off. In the garage with that new light can now see to vacuum the car inside as well.
Remember to check/fill your car screen washer bottle with the right ratio of mix . This weather the screen will quickly get dirty.

Apart from that it is now time for another coffee
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2021, 11:24 AM
I like fish, fishing, eating or used to keep them many moons ago Kazz. Forgot to ask: anyone on here have any ideas why the foot well of the passenger floor of a car is getting wet?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2021, 11:34 AM
Good morning all.

Wet, sunny, cold, wet. sunny, cold. Funny sort of morning but a beautiful double rainbow to see us home.

Moyra I really feel for you. Amber has left a big gap in your life and it takes a long, long time to get used to it xx

Dave has a telephone appointment next week with the consultant, but for the last 3-4 weeks he has been brilliant Kazz so hopefully everything has settled back down now - fingers crossed.

My nephew seem to be slowly improving, but we won't know the extent of any damage until he has another scan in a few days time
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-01-2021, 12:42 PM
'morning all
Cold but dry here, a little snow overnight, all gone now.

Sue - Will be watching my post box for arrival of yummy dessert, have custard all waiting

Not much planned for today, have a form to fill in for 'Attendance Allowance' it's 18 pages long most of it is not applicable to me so I'm seriously wondering if it's worth doing

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Forgot to ask: anyone on here have any ideas why the foot well of the passenger floor of a car is getting wet?

We had the same problem some time back. Two possibilities (1) There's a pipe which goes down from the windscreen and sometimes joins another pipe under the bonnet and sometimes that join comes loose. (2) You left the passenger window down (Or partly down) and rain came in

Moyra - So sorry to read about Amber, my thoughts are with you.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2021, 01:01 PM
Harvey, fill in the form. It takes about 3 or 4 hours to do. When you fill it in, think of your worst times and give that as your answer. Don't try to be brave and think 'well I can do that when I'm feeling OK', think, 'on my worst day that is impossible'. The same applies for any medicals, never put a brave face on it.

Good, great, fantastic news is my nephew is going home after his latest test. They also brought forward the scan. He has been put on blood thinners and has been told he will be on them now probably for the rest of his life as a result of how the virus has affected his blood, but he is going home. It will take him a fair while to fully recover from the after-effects, but he is progressing.

Brenda, as well as Harvey's excellent advice, make sure all the drainage points are clear and haven't blocked up
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2021, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I like fish, fishing, eating or used to keep them many moons ago Kazz. Forgot to ask: anyone on here have any ideas why the foot well of the passenger floor of a car is getting wet?

Hiya not an expert rang my brother also not an expert however a "man who often knows bits and pieces" he said is the back passenger well wet as well or just the front? if front possibly and most likely a faulty door seal. He said really bad weather of late (expect you have the same) so
so driving rain or surface water getting through a door seal is possible. He said do you have air con as it could be a blocked plugged drain....he said that a simple fix, but go to a proper garage not a multi national chain.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >