Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 11:49 PM

Mother in law on her final warning

she has had over the past 5 months about 4 falls. last time she broke her ankle. so she was taken to hosp,and not even put in a ward. just shipped out to a nursing home. ok it was a good 1 nice staff. ect, and she was there for 5 weeks. we get told it called stepdown care, and no charges are made, untill we get a huge bill through the post, over a 1000 quid after 3 weeks of constant phone calls and being passed around from social worker to social worker. 2 of whom if i ever met them in the flesh i would probally hit them with my mother in laws zimmer frame.!! get asked by 1 of them. i really dont have to be dealing with this WHAT DO U WANT ME TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at that point charlie hung the phone up. eventully and i mean 2 days ago we find out that a SW came to the home after 3 days and decided that MIL is now not in step down but a charging service. but neglected to tell anyone. not us and not even the home. and we dont know who it was, she didnt leave a name. and spoke to an old lady with memory probs. we had a finacial assesment and they have decided they want all of MILs pension other than 22 quid. they wont take into account that while she was in this home. rent still had to be paid and all her other bills. they allow 1 pound a week for gas and the same for electric. like to know where they get their prover from id sign up with them. so MIL came home today, she lives in a caravan. ex holiday home. 1970s style. its horrible. we moved her bed into the front room so her carer has more space. but MILs problem is alot of her own doing. when she retired she gave up yes i know u want to relax ect, but she gave up living, and went to bed, and there she has stayed.so of course shes going to get up out of bed go dizzy and fall over. so shes now on her final warning. keep out of bed. she has a chair with all she needs, she has a carer go in twice a day. (a real diamond this lady) we will be calling in as well. ive already said if she is in bed when i get there ill get her up!!!. we are trying to get her into sheltered accomadation nearer her, as it is shes 1/2 hour drive on a clear day. ive said if she falls again. she will not come back to her own place she will be staying in a home!!!
oh the saga of the SWs is still running on. when we went to pack her suitcase there was paperwork in it from this SW nobody knew what it was about, this incompetant person stuffed them in there. heads are going to roll about this. why cant they do their jobs properly. SO MY MESSAGE IS TO ALL. IF U HAVE ELDERLY PARENTS. DONT GET THE SS INVOLVED THEY REALLY ARE USELESS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
phew rant over.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Poor lady it must be very distressing for her. What age is she?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Oh Cathy, that's just awful......
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2012, 06:59 AM
My sympathies Cath. Mum is going home on Wednesday 7th March with 4 carers. Gill and I and other brother were even given the option to put our side of things when eldest brother went to do the assessment with her after saying he wanted us all to agree with what was happening. We got there and it was she can manage.

Its awful Gill and I are not going to anwer our phones when she gets home they are going onto answer machine because as eldest brother so nicely put it after I pointed out maybe care 6 times a day you two are off the hook I am dealing with it all any problems she calls me that is whats going to happen. No thankyou for all the years you have done everything Lynn and the last two years you have done a lot too Gill even though you are coping with cancer.

Gill and I have set the carers up he is going to review it in 3 months to see if it needs upping or downing and Gill has given them his numbers so if she plays up which she undoubtedly will they call him not us. My other brother and him have stuff up their sleeves we are sure.

Trying to get help for your elderly parents through SS if they are considered lucid is like trying to get blood out of a stone. (((Hugs))) and good luck.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
MIL is 76. when she retired she just gave up. gave up with life, and she just took to her bed, and stayed there, so got to keep her occupied, we have taken a medical priority form to the council hopefully they will get her into sheltered accommodation near here. it takes 3 bus rides to get to MILs house so being closer will be a big bonus.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
oh and SS are still faffing us about!!