Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 03:28 PM

Dogsey Vibes needed.

It's probably nothing, but I'm sat here with tears streaming down my face, waiting for a phonecall.

Adie is having his chest x-rayed, he's had a really bad cough for a few weeks, and we (his mum and I) thought it was a chest infection that wasn't getting better due to stress and because of him keeping his room so hot to dry his clothes and then going out on exercise in the freezing cold.

He's also one of these that won't take any medication to help or admit that he's ill (It's got worse since he joined the Army).

Anyway, he got bullied into seeing the Doctor this morning by his Mum and now they're x-raying his chest. And because it's me I'm thinking the worst and worrying I'll get a phonecall saying he has Lung Cancer.

I'm just wanting a little comfort - you guys are fantastic..
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh bless you! Big hugs and try not to worry until you know exactly what's going on (easier said than done, I know), but it could well be just a stubborn chest infection that he has.

Fingers crossed and positive vibes on their way for a very good outcome for Aidie xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Oh heavens, no wonder you are upset - it is completely natural to worry and think the worst (us women are adept at it in particular!)

C'mon now, dry those eyes, make yourself a cup of tea or something and don't get yourself worked up into a state until you know the facts.

It could be anything at all, a really bad chest infection, pneumonia or pleurisy? It might just be something really simple like a virus, so many are going around at this time of year, our surgery is full of patients coughing and barking at the moment. Whatever it is I am sure the Doctors will be able to help him.

Massive hugs to you and I hope whatever it is he gets better soon (and stops giving you such frights!)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Thank you so much, just simply writing/typing it out made me feel so much better. I need to teach Louie to make me a cuppa as at the moment I cannot move for fear of nudging my temperamental laptop charger and it not working again. It's been half an hour since he was supposed to have the x-ray but knowing how hospitals work, I doubt it. I didn't really want to put it up, just in case it turns out I'm a complete idiot, but it feels so much better sharing it with others, the dogs don't understand much of what I say and I think I have friction burn from Sadie licking my tears. And the cat just attacked my nose.. silly animals.

The worst bit is waiting. And also the pain you get in your temples and jaw because you've cried so much but seemingly not enough.
I always think the worst, then that way I can't get hurt because if it isn't that then there is always greener grass as they would say and things are better. I've always done it. But then I just go back to last year when my Aunt lost her fight to Cancer and then the tears start going again.

I want him to ring and say everythings all right, I couldn't bare going with him, I have this thing about hospitals and I don't think I could deal with it. His mum is with him however so he's not alone.

The phone has just rang, some sales call - heart was in my throat when I picked it up.. why doesn't he just call already!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Fingers crossed all is okay and it is down to a virus.

If it's any help, there have been loads of nasty coughs around here. My OH has had one for ages and it is just starting to get better. He refused to go to the doctor as well. A guy he works with had it for months and was on two different antibiotics, which didn't help at all. He's on the mend now too.

Big hugs.
xxx
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2012, 04:15 PM
xoxoxoxo..
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Hugs Aimee I hope Adie is Okay xxx
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Fingers crossed all is okay and it is down to a virus.

If it's any help, there have been loads of nasty coughs around here. My OH has had one for ages and it is just starting to get better. He refused to go to the doctor as well. A guy he works with had it for months and was on two different antibiotics, which didn't help at all. He's on the mend now too.

Big hugs.
xxx
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
xoxoxoxo..
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Hugs Aimee I hope Adie is Okay xxx
Thanks guys.. I keep clock watching and phone checking.. I know I shouldn't!
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Hope the news is positive, like some stubborn chest infection which should be straight forward to treat.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Well we don't know until a Doctor has had a look..
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >