Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
my reading of the boxer was exactly that.

i also felt he was turning his head as an appeasing calming signal to his owner, whom is displaying frustrated body langauge herself.
im guessing the boxer may also feel uncomfortable laying down amongst all those other dogs?
My thought exactly.

rune
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:20 PM

And a Second...

Will look through later...have quite a few!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lotsadogs View Post
I can see where the worn out impressions are coming from, but my gut still tells me there is movement in them yet. I like this - it really gets you thinking. More pictures please.
oh i have no doubt they are building up the energy for one more blast.....and building up the energy is the key here, i think.

as they look like they are going thru the motions of a mexican standoff, but its not full systems ahead anymore, and i think the play that is about to follow will be short and sweet.

one last one before going home?
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:30 PM
With regards to my pics, Tassle was right on the money!

In the first one, I was on my way out and the dogs were fully expecting to come with me so dashed out into the garden. I then stood in the doorway and called them in (not aggressively mind as you would expect from looking at the photo, although I may have had one of my permanent scowls on my face!). This is Jessie's classic "I dont want to do what you are wanting but i'm not quite sure how to react" pose.

The dogs generally play by having a game of chase. Flynn starts it with his decibel overload and his "chase me" stance and if that doesnt goad Jed into playing (which it generally doesnt since exertion isnt something Jed is keen on) then he'll charge at him. That winds Jed up so then him and Jessie give chase. In the picture the dogs have already been running round so they are puffed out. Flynn is wanting more but since Jed is knackered, the ears back indicates he's not up for it. When his ears are forward I know he's ok to play but if they go back, I generally call time on the game otherwise Jed gets beaten up.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-12-2010, 04:34 PM
I think the Boxer has simply switched off from his finger pointing owner, and is more interested in whats going on around him.

Not sure I see a any sign of distress by his body language to be honest, more a look of interest on his face.
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
the more i look the more they look knackered.

the collie almost looks puffed cheeked and both dogs have shoulders and ears back and general body slumpness.

its seems they have just had a tear up in a rather large field?

PS - leanne's second photo
I can see where the worn out impressions are, but my gut still tells me there is movement in them yet. I like this - it really gets you thinking. More pictures please.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Going back to that Boxer I am looking at it from a totally different perspective here, coz to me, it's having direct eye contact with that bernese dog I never worried about it ignoring it's owner (that's blooming obvious if it aint looking at her lol!), because I thought she was pointing at the thing on the ground asking it to pick it up lol! I know what I saw anyways

I'm assuming your first pic then is total play, now that you've posted up some more?

Definitely got Leanne's first dog with the worried look, but I honestly wouldn't have had a clue about the 2nd pic, and the furthest thing from my mind would have been play! I've seen dogs doing this (who have never met of course) and an attack has ensued! Usually on my dog!!!
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Gotta go to work now so will come back to the new photos when I'm home. But here is one more from me, showing what?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lotsadogs View Post
Gotta go to work now so will come back to the new photos when I'm home. But here is one more from me, showing what?
I see that a LOT. Usually ahead of me. The people and dog freeze when they see us.

It's because of Cosmo being covered in mud...the person looks worried that he will be people friendly and the dog worries he will be dog friendly. Neither of them want him to come anywhere near them generally......
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:51 PM

And an easy one (very easy!):
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »