Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 12:35 PM

Loan or credit card?

if you had to take aloan out for 5/6 years (or usea credit card)

who would you go with and why?

Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 12:40 PM
I would take out a loan, I would only use a credit card if I was intending to pay the full amount off each month.
With a loan you know how much you need to pay off each month, a credit card only asks for a minimum payment which can barely cover the interest.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 12:42 PM
For that length of time you would be nuts to use a credit card unless you are confident that you can keep switching the debt around to new cards which may be offering interest free periods; but that is a very big gamble.

the only other reason I could see is if you could not get a loan from a reputable source (i.e. bank or building society)...some of the other loan companies could charge you as much, if not more than a credit card and unless you are very adept at reading and understanding the small print, I wouldn't risk it.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 12:49 PM
thanks guys

i thought about the credit card lol!!

mines 17.9 intrest i think whereas a loan would only be 9.9% of less

my bank seems to be pretty good for the deal....obviously ive been adding up what i can afford etc.... seems better to do a loan rather thana credit card as im not clever with money