View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2010, 05:27 PM
I don't think I'd change, I just love the fabulous expression of a Labrador, I mean, who wouldn't love these two????

And I think Tau is particularly pretty

I might be tempted by another retriever at some point, I like working flatties, goldies and recently saw for the first time Bracchis, which are rather fab looking. But sticking with Labs for now, except for the cocker pup which doesn't count, as he isn't mine
katie1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Its a hard one even some mixed breeds can be really handsome saw some beautiful dogs on holiday pure white not as big as a mountain dog like a large spritz anyone no what they could have been? GSD's are great to look as are collies so many colours but i'm still swayed by the KCC so cute(my dogs might not win dog shows but love them loads the more i think about it i love most breeds !!!!!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Not counting my own and going on looks alone then i'd choose:

Ridgeback
Doberman
Aussie Shepherd (nicely marked tri or tri-merle)
Australian Cattle Dog
SRHP
HWV (but would have to have a thicker coat than many i've seen)
Any of the French griffons
Hamiltonstovare
Malamute
Black Russian Terrier
Giant Schnauzer (black only)
Wirehaired Teckle
Tibetan Mastiff
Landseer
Any of the Swiss mountain dogs
Brittany (tri coloured)

There are many more but i'd be here all day.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 05:35 PM
hmmm really hard, i think i would have to say akita, rottie and GSD of course
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by katie1 View Post
Its a hard one even some mixed breeds can be really handsome saw some beautiful dogs on holiday pure white not as big as a mountain dog like a large spritz anyone no what they could have been? GSD's are great to look as are collies so many colours but i'm still swayed by the KCC so cute(my dogs might not win dog shows but love them loads the more i think about it i love most breeds !!!!!
Was it a Samoyed?
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2010, 06:20 PM
On looks alone I'd have a pyrenean mountain dog- i think they are just beautiful.

I think lots of breeds are less than attractive, and some are downright ugly
katie1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Was it a Samoyed?
ha yes that's the one thanks
bullylurchers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
She was---thanks.

She was tattooed and I rang him to check it. I'd go to him if I wanted that sort of look in a dog.

rune
I certainly wouldn't go to him for a lurcher, he is the biggest puppy farmer known to man in the lurcher puppy world, he has around 60 greyhound breeding bitches and about 30 stud dogs, the dogs live in converted pig pens and never get taken out, it is just himself and his daughter who run the place, he has puppies all year around and most of his puppies are nervous, he even says himself that 50% of his puppies end up in rescue, he doesn't care who buys a puppy from him, he was once a well respected working lurcher owner and that went to his head and the quality of his puppies went down, once he has finished breeding from his greyhounds they get incinerated, what life is that? If i wanted a collie based lurcher hancock wouldn't even enter my mind, money is all he thinks about! All he does is breed merle collies to ex track bitches, anyone could do that and use much better parents etc.

RANT OVER.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Rant away bullylurchers, people like that make me sick, where is the RSPCA here? If not for his dogs, if for the fact that if people like him were dealt with the rescue situation would be better.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by bullylurchers View Post
I certainly wouldn't go to him for a lurcher, he is the biggest puppy farmer known to man in the lurcher puppy world, he has around 60 greyhound breeding bitches and about 30 stud dogs, the dogs live in converted pig pens and never get taken out, it is just himself and his daughter who run the place, he has puppies all year around and most of his puppies are nervous, he even says himself that 50% of his puppies end up in rescue, he doesn't care who buys a puppy from him, he was once a well respected working lurcher owner and that went to his head and the quality of his puppies went down, once he has finished breeding from his greyhounds they get incinerated, what life is that? If i wanted a collie based lurcher hancock wouldn't even enter my mind, money is all he thinks about! All he does is breed merle collies to ex track bitches, anyone could do that and use much better parents etc.

RANT OVER.
Jezzzz, just looked at his site, 10 stud dogs did you see the amount of older pups/dogs he has up for rehoming.

Who in their right mind would go to someone like that to buy a pup...

The blokes a puppy farmer,
Page 11 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >