Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 08:05 AM

Disposable dogs

Just had to get this off my chest this morning. There is a woman that lives at the very top of my road with a Bearded Collie. Last summer, she got a Westie pup. A couple of months later the dog just mysteriously disappeared. Come Christmas time, another pup appeared on the scene; this time a little Jack Russell type. Same story again, a couple of months later I never saw the pup again. This morning, low and behold, I saw her with ANOTHER new pup -- this time a Weimeraner. As she only walks her current dog for 15 minutes a day, I dread to think how long a Weim pup will last especially with so little exercise.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2009, 08:17 AM
That's so sad. It's why there should be some sort of test or something so people aren't able to just go out and pick up a pup.
I think these people are wicked.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Well I don't need to wonder where the dogs end up? That is if she has the good grace to hand them in
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 08:36 AM
She probably just sold them on with 'genuine reason for sale'! I do wonder whether there needs to be more regulation for the selling of dogs (indeed all animals) not sure what it would be nor how it would be enforced though! After all current rules and lack of enforcement still allow mass producers to thrive
Becky
Lupus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2009, 09:41 AM
this sounds just like my next door but one neighbour, complains the pups are hard to handle, talks about going training, never does then rehomes the dogs and just a moonth later gets abother one, her last up lasted til seven months now she's got an 8wk old staffie..i despair, i've given up trying to give this lady advise, some people just don't listen grrrrrr
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
this sounds just like my next door but one neighbour, complains the pups are hard to handle, talks about going training, never does then rehomes the dogs and just a moonth later gets abother one, her last up lasted til seven months now she's got an 8wk old staffie..i despair, i've given up trying to give this lady advise, some people just don't listen grrrrrr
buy her a wind up toy dog, because she is clearly a lazy woman, who just wants a ready trained dog.
elaine x
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

21-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
It's why there should be some sort of test or something
Exactly! A dog ownership suitability test.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 09:51 AM
I know a family just like that, in fact they were such good liars managed to convince me to sell them 2 pups over a year, before rehoming them both, they also didn't tell me that had had quite a few different breeds before and rehomed them, they have since had another breed, bred from them and rehomed them, makes my blood boil!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
Yep, this sounds a lot like her.

Her Beardie is older and quite sedate. But if she couldn't handle a Westie or a Jack Russell, what on earth makes her think she can handle the demands of a Weimeraner? I give it less than three months.
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Poor pups, what a cold heartless thing to do. Mind you they are hopefully better off with loving, more suitable forever homes now. Hopefully . . .
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >