Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 05:25 PM

what toys?!

hi just wondering if anyone can help? we have two pappillons and a chinese crested, for small dogs they certainly have some teeth! every toy we seem to buy them (other than their kongs) they manage to put holes in or chew through them, the male papillon being the worst. i wondered if anyone else has this problem with their dogs and also whether anyone could reccomend some brands of toys that will last and are worth their money? any help would be great! cheers,

chloe x
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Kongs I think are best, but what about a Nylabone? They are pretty tough for them to chomp on, should be fine for yours?

You can also buy balls made out of the same stuff as Kongs I think?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 06:29 PM
yeh they have nylabones but they get a bit bored of these because they are all the same material, they like their softer toys but as you can imagine they dont last very long! =]
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 06:36 PM
I highly recommend anything in this range:

http://www.jollypets.com/html/JollyPets-4.html

I think that website is American but they sell these in most pet shops. My woofers love them.
lizbethse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi

Have you tried the rope chews that are knotted at each end . It also helps to floss their teeth lol. My two have great games playing tug of war.
Spookle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by lizbethse View Post
Hi

Have you tried the rope chews that are knotted at each end . It also helps to floss their teeth lol. My two have great games playing tug of war.
Mine love these too and love to play tug of war and i pick up loads from my local poundland....i would deffo gie them a try
Rachel x
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2009, 03:11 AM
The bigger the chew, the longer it lasts. A year ago we were struggling with difficult Lab. The only thing that would keep her quiet out in public were the softer Gumabones from Nylabone. They were expensive, but I managed to find Hercules size Rainbows. They were about 70 mm around and ''S'' shaped. I am sure the smaller Gumabones would work for your smaller dogs. Also look for the less common shapes of Nylabones, rings, dinosaurs, ''Y'' bones, etc. Usually have to buy them on line. The pet stores here don't carry them.