View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:39 PM
oh wow! that place looks and sounds amazing! I loved our day, but i'm almost wishing we had found that place
xx
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Oh what a lovely place to get married. Looks gorgeous.
Originally Posted by dreamaday View Post
oh wow! that place looks and sounds amazing! I loved our day, but i'm almost wishing we had found that place
xx
Aw thank you, it is a little bit perfect isn't it! AND my Paul loves it! It's not too far for Zeke to travel with him tiring quickly nowadays, we were going to head up to Scotland around spring time anyway for a little holiday around the west coast, so this could be the first stop off!

I've contacted them and they have our dates free too!!!

It's going cost around £1800 incl. all wedding/registrar costs, 2 witnessess etc (i'm presuming i still have to pay the full civil ceremony fees?), and all the extras, meals, champagne, photographs, and to stay mon-friday... Not exactly cheap but affordable and worth it

Ooo might book it later today
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Aw thank you, it is a little bit perfect isn't it! AND my Paul loves it! It's not too far for Zeke to travel with him tiring quickly nowadays, we were going to head up to Scotland around spring time anyway for a little holiday around the west coast, so this could be the first stop off!

I've contacted them and they have our dates free too!!!

It's going cost around £1800 incl. all wedding/registrar costs, 2 witnessess etc (i'm presuming i still have to pay the full civil ceremony fees?), and all the extras, meals, champagne, photographs, and to stay mon-friday... Not exactly cheap but affordable and worth it

Ooo might book it later today
So glad you have found somewhere - I am off to have a look as we may need to alter our plans slightly due to having to pay a 6th(I live in a flat) of the cost of a new roof for the tenament
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Oh that looks stunning I really hope you can arrange your day there I have to say it looks a beautiful place and the owners sound lovely What a hidden gem
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Thank you all, no i haven't looked at Gretna, just looked it up on the website really, uh oh! It's great I'm hearing lots of people's experiences, thank you xxx I don't know, will I be upset if I feel the ceremony is a tacky let down, it's hard to know how I'll feel really.

My Dad is furious because it's Gretna and that's where people 'run away from their families' he's taken that as a real kick in the teeth but I've told him, no, it's just because we can do it on our way to Scotland for our little break, and I'd prefer it there to a registry office, that's all!

Aw your suggestion sounds perfect! Can you just do that, get married anywhere? Why aren't more people doing it, Moobli did a similar thing?

Bless your hubby, my poor fella has never really wanted a big do but said from the beginning he would do what I wanted, well, what my parents wanted for me. When the venue went bust Paul said he felt a huge sense of relief I felt awful for him, so that really made me realise we need to do it our way, and things happen for a reason.

My father sent me an awful email last night He is still disappointed and angry (they haven't rung me yet!!!!!!) he made out I was an awful person, and I'm not, I try so hard to be a good person to everybody, I care so much about the things that matter...I can't believe he said what he did. My oh is fuming and wants to ring him later. I told him no, we need to leave it a few days.
I really feel for you. Weddings are supposed to be happy occasions, but your parents are really being selfish and cruel imo.

Yes, you can get married just about anywhere now (in Scotland anyway). All I needed to do was get the landowners permission (no problem, as it is Allan's boss, who was thrilled), there needed to be a risk assessment done (which I think we had to pay for, can't actually remember ) and the registrar had to be happy with our choice ... which she was.

My dream had really been to be married on a beach by a loch in the Highlands, but actually to be married where we live and work was pretty special.

I hope you manage to come to some sort of compromise, so you don't fall out with your parents over this Btw - I think they are at fault, not you.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Wow that place looks and sounds fab!

This is where I had originally hoped to get married

http://www.road-to-the-isles.org.uk/...-weddings.html

We were going to invite my parents, my three sisters and their respective OHs and children, and Allan's mum and her partner, and my best friend and her partner and son. We were going to rent this place for a week between us to spread the cost too ...

http://www.lhhscotland.com/property?id=93L

I half wish we had gone ahead with this plan, as I think it would have been brill - with all the children and dogs too, but what we did instead was very intimate and special - and my dogs were included too

Whatever you decide, I hope it is the best day of your life so far
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks Benzmum and Moobli xxx

Well IT'S CONFIRMED and booked, ceremony, accomodation and extras! We're getting married at the beginning of May 2011 at 3pm on the West Coast of Scotland, out in the fresh air, armed with wedding dress, flowers, shrugs, wellies and champers here:

Just me, Paul and the dogs White leather collars and leads on order for the ceremony My sister and her fella are visiting for the day to be our witnessess. We're staying in a beautiful cottage for a week too up there

And nope, haven't spoken to my parents since. Ah well, it's a shame they can't share my happiness and be happy for me

We're having photo's taken so will share!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-02-2011, 02:01 PM
It looks beautiful.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Looks absolutely stunning. Whereabouts is it?
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks Lynn xx

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Looks absolutely stunning. Whereabouts is it?
It's the wee weddings I posted about before. At Crear, halfway down that bit between Lohgilphead at the top and Campbeltown at the bottom! The Islands over the way in the pictures are Islay and Jura
Page 8 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >