View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Well I can only speak form my experience, at the time we had another cat Gizmo a beautiful big ginger tom, he was brilliant with the kittens, went in with them and watched over them while Jess stretched her legs etc. He was very good ,played with them as they got bigger too, and was very tolerant to them as they started using his tail to pounce on. Will get OH to scan some old pics of them all curled up together, Jess, Gizmo and kittens. (No he wasn't the father, he had lost his ginger nuts)
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well, I make no apologies for saying I am absolutely bewildered and VERY upset. Poor poor kittens, more irresponsibly bred animals in a world of so many desperate for homes. I only hope that the "local tom" is not infected with Feline diseases common in ferals and strays that he can pass onto YOUR Cat, and her kittens. Of course you wont be immediately aware of that, the poor things succumb to it later in their new homes. Im truly very very dissappointed, especially with Ruby about and you having all those issues surrounding your Cats safety.
Well, i'm sorry you are so disappointed, we cant all be perfect, i made a mistake, irresponsible? yes totally. Hands up, guilty as charged!!

If i had known at an earlier stage, aborting them would have been an option but its a bit late now so i will make the best of a bad situation and do the best i can for all concerned.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Been in this sitch, you feel terribly guilty at first. Bella was too far gone when we found out, she had four beautiful babies. The two toms are still here n big boys now,n the girls are in homes with friends. All four have been seen too, mum ******ed off new years eve and hasn't been seen since sadly.
It's not easy, but you've done it before so should be fine. Good luck
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Thank you everyone for your support, well, almost everyone not an ideal situation i know but nice to know a few of you have been there too!

Will keep you all posted on her progress.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-03-2008, 09:01 PM
I must say I can see both sides, but at the end of the day we all make mistakes(anyone who doesnt is a saint or a liar) and its how you deal with mistakes that makes a person.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I can see both sides too Stormey and i agree it was very irresponsible, i'm not denying that fact at all but i'm only human, its happened and like i said before i will deal with it the best i can.

This wasnt a deliberate mating, i had no clue she had even had a heat until she looked fat.

Hind sight is a wonderful thing huh?
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Sorry the outcome wasn't quite what you hoped for hun, as you say now it's time to make the best of a bad situation.

Is there not a room in the house where you can make a "nest" for her where Ruby can't get? That way she can spend the last few weeks of her pregnancy and nurse her kittens in peace without the worry of Ruby suddenly appearing.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
Sorry the outcome wasn't quite what you hoped for hun, as you say now it's time to make the best of a bad situation.

Is there not a room in the house where you can make a "nest" for her where Ruby can't get? That way she can spend the last few weeks of her pregnancy and nurse her kittens in peace without the worry of Ruby suddenly appearing.
Yes there is, where Jessie had her kitties, in the bathroom, which is 2 rooms away from the dogs.

We will sort a box for her and make it nice and cosy, once shes really close we can shut the door and leave her to it.

I'm still in panic mode but i'm sure it will be ok, we will introduce Ruby to the kittens on lead and muzzled, maybe cats that dont run away might actually help
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 10:13 PM
It's a pity you aren't nearer or you could borrow my Snowsilk Whelping box for her, all enclosed etc!
Becky
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
It's a pity you aren't nearer or you could borrow my Snowsilk Whelping box for her, all enclosed etc!
Becky
Awww thanks Becky, thats a nice thought, i'm sure a box will suffice, Jessie managed ok in a cardboard box, we closed it all up and just cut a hole big enough for her to get in and out, oh and a little hole at the top so we could peek in
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >