Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Thankyou darasa!

I took Teasel to the vet this morning, and have antibiotics to treat the cold and eye drops as the left eye looks a little mucky this morning - I have to put the eye drops in both eyes once a day and give the antibiotics once a day too. The vet was really good, answered my questions and said "aaaw" a lot!! She thinks he/she is blind too on what I had told her. You never know the eye drops might clear up what is wrong, but then possibly not.

Popped to the shop on the way home and got some dog food, Teasel is now sleeping off the mornings adventures!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 10:17 AM
What a sweet little Hog I hope Teasel gets better very soon
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 10:29 AM
aww what a little sweetie ...and it sure seems to enjoy its food. And they do the most enormous poops or the ones round here do

(I seem to remember Ashlady raised or looked after a hedgepig last year...or I could be imagining that )
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Well done for looking after it
I often look after small hedgehogs over the winter ,they are lovely little things and usually get quite tame after you have had them a while
The way to sex them is feel if they have a tiddler sort of in our belly button area if there is nothing there its a girl
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Aww love hedgehogs
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Well, it's a girl!! Managed to have a look when we gave her her medicine - which she licked off a spoon!!!
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 05:59 PM
It looks like lucky Teasel has landed on her feet!
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2006, 06:00 PM
i see more dead ones than live ones these days
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Stewart
i see more dead ones than live ones these days
This one would have ended the same had we not got her.

minda - I hope Teasel thinks the same!

She is in her cage now, she spent the whole afternoon out in her run, spent some time stretched out in the sun (have found out that is a sign she isn't well) and has eaten a whole pouch of puppy food! I have 2 or 3 puches of that left, then she will be on grown up food. I went out at 9pm, she was finishing her food so I left her. Went back at 9.20pm and she was scratching in the same place she did at the same time last night - I put her in her cage with lots of straw in so can snuggle in.

She is supposed to be nocturnal obviously, but as she is poorly, and possibly blind, her body clock is a bit off!
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Aw Trish good on you for helping her

Although if you had taken her to the otherside of the road that she kept trying to cross do you think she might have found her family?

Either way she obviously needed some tender loving care and thank God you were there to give it.

I also love the pics
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »