View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 03:20 PM
awww,bev, just read this thread, welldone for rescuing kodo and i hope he improves. used to keep ferrets years ago, i love em, but unfortunately a lot are not well looked after by the rabbiting fraternity and if they dont come out of a hole are just left to fend for themselves. the rspca man used to bring stray ferrets to me all the time, most make great pets
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 06:24 PM
thanks nichola and sutty

Today I found another ferret this time it was dead it was about half a mile from where I found Kodo ,it hasnt been dead too long and looks exactly like Kodo too ,I think it might have been his brother ,I also think it has been shot as it has 2 small holes on it and it dosent look like an animal could have caused them ,I have been wondering over the last couple of days if Kodo has been shot ,he has a scab on his head and not far from it a lump about the same size as a air gun pellet or a piece of bird shot
I am now starting to wonder if someone has dumped unwanted ferrets then maybe the gamekeeper has shot them after spotting them running about ,perhaps Kodo was able to make his escape but this one was fatally injured
I hope there are no more poor ferrets out there

At least I have Kodo here and he is safe ,he seems a little better every day ,still no sign of his eye yet still sunk in ,but he is not trembling when handled now and is putting up a good fight to avoid his antibiotics so he must be feeling better
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 06:29 PM
hows kodo today?
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
hows kodo today?
He's getting fat
he seems to be getting totally settled in and eating lots of chicken ,he is so cute when he is sleeping ,he lies on his back with his legs up in the air looking very comfy
Still dosent look like he can see anything and I am still unsure how much if anything he can hear ,but it dosent seem to bother him ,he uses smell and touch alot ,he is using a litter tray in his cage and can find it and his bed and food no problem
I am planning to give him a bath tomorrow so will need to get some pics of that
A few people have called after seeing the found advert I put in the local shop (someone even phoned because they had lost a hamster no idea how they would mix that up with a ferret )but he wasnt any of theirs
Still he can stay here as long as he wants
I'll post more piccys hopefully tomorrow
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 08:59 PM
My old Ferret is blind and virtually deaf, he does really well, they adapt so quickly. Glad he is doing ok.
Dawn.,
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks for that - it's great news - look forward to the bathing photos
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2006, 10:20 PM
His bath tonight went fine ,he was very good and let me get on with washing him ,the water afterwards was all yellow so I think he needed a good wash
here are some pics as promised

And getting dried afterwards
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 12:37 AM
Ooh brilliant photos - he looks really cuddly and fluffy now and I bet he smells a lot nicer too I am so glad that he is doing really well and eating and getting fatter - well done you! He's gorgeous
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Ahh looks just like my Fizz. Bless him if you want any ideas for treats my two like a bowl of pasta every now and again with their cup a of tea . They are brilliant pets. Well done for rescuing him, a lot of people would have run.
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 09:40 AM
aww great pics. And I love the way they go all fluffy when you dry them. Stinky used to love a bath.
Its great to hear hes coming on so well. More pics please
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >