View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 10:51 PM
There is nothing to stop you shooting a feral cat provided you are absolutely certain it is feral.

The difficulty is in distinguishing between a genuinely feral cat and someone's domestic moggy that's wandering a long way from home.

If you shoot a domestic cat you would be committing criminal damage and as well as being charged you could also be sued by the owner for damages.

Cats have less protection in law than dogs and if, for instance, you run one over you are not obliged to report the matter to police as you are with a dog.

So I am afraid VB you are incorrect in your statement.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 10:51 PM
It is in most parts, whats the stats for bovine TB infected areas where feral Cats are not shot? Which areas of the UK are you speaking about.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
There is nothing to stop you shooting a feral cat provided you are absolutely certain it is feral.

The difficulty is in distinguishing between a genuinely feral cat and someone's domestic moggy that's wandering a long way from home.

If you shoot a domestic cat you would be committing criminal damage and as well as being charged you could also be sued by the owner for damages.

Cats have less protection in law than dogs and if, for instance, you run one over you are not obliged to report the matter to police as you are with a dog.

So I am afraid VB you are incorrect in your statement.
No SB i am correct.......
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Ok show me the law where it says this then, because cats are not named on any of the shooting licences.

So please refer to the specific laws which state that shooting feral cats is unlawful in parts of the UK
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
It is in most parts, whats the stats for bovine TB infected areas where feral Cats are not shot? Which areas of the UK are you speaking about.
Sorry BD as i said to you in a PM im not going to start or take part in a witch hunt regarding any species of animal
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.basc.org.uk/en/codes-of-p...st-mammals.cfm

According to BASC there are no restrictions, nor are there according to the Sporting Gun, The Shooting Times or DEFRA.

So unless there are any other laws which concern feral cats about which i am unaware, I repeat, VB your statement is incorrect.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 11:11 PM
http://www.basc.org.uk/en/codes-of-p...st-mammals.cfm

According to BASC there are no restrictions, nor are there according to the Sporting Gun, The Shooting Times or DEFRA.
Sighs...........
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Well I am waiting for you to prove me, DEFRA, BASC etc wrong, there is no need to sigh
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Well I am waiting for you to prove me, DEFRA, BASC etc wrong, there is no need to sigh
Why. ?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Because you made a statement that you were correct in your assertion that the extermination of feral cats was illegal in parts of the UK.

its not legal to shoot feral cats everywhere in the UK

No SB i am correct.......

So in order to support that statement I would expect you to back it up with FACTS, (as I have done) to the contrary!
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >