register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Poor little girl. I am so glad she found you. Like you say the runny poos could be the AB's or that she is totally stressed and anxious after what happened, she must be in such pain, is there anyway she could have some sort of painkiller, if we had been gangraped by 3 big blokes we would be on all sorts and it is only the same
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
It is all sounding positive, it will be lovely seeing her progress
I must admitt to worry my socks off about her....Pat keeps saying, ''all you can do is what your doing and let her have a chance''......but she is so small and thin, the people who the ''bidman'' took her off said, ''you can have her for the pot'' to be honest I have seen more fat on a Macdonald's chip
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Poor little girl. I am so glad she found you. Like you say the runny poos could be the AB's or that she is totally stressed and anxious after what happened, she must be in such pain, is there anyway she could have some sort of painkiller, if we had been gangraped by 3 big blokes we would be on all sorts and it is only the same
I wondered that, I think I will see if the vet in Solihull can suggest something, I believe he deals with chickens. I'll give him a call tomorrow.

ps....have also sent a message to the Battery Hen Welfare, where I got mine from, hopefully Ian can advise my best course of action to help her get over her trauma/injuries.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2009, 11:38 PM
poor girl, I hope she will be ok, well done for giving her a chance.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 06:02 AM
As Pat says your doing everything you can for her and giving her every chance. It's up to her now isn't it? I hope the vet can give you some good advice, maybe some painkiilers which may help with her recovery...poor little chuck

Those people that had should never have let it get this far...It must have been going on for a while if she is so thin like that!!!!

Vibes to Sage {{{{{{{{{{{Vibes}}}}}}}}}

Elaine xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
poor girl, I hope she will be ok, well done for giving her a chance.
Thanks hun
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
As Pat says your doing everything you can for her and giving her every chance. It's up to her now isn't it? I hope the vet can give you some good advice, maybe some painkiilers which may help with her recovery...poor little chuck

Those people that had should never have let it get this far...It must have been going on for a while if she is so thin like that!!!!

Vibes to Sage {{{{{{{{{{{Vibes}}}}}}}}}

Elaine xx

Just what we were saying last night.....like you can not see what happening

But some exciting news this morning,FS let them out this morning and came in saying ''Sage is hiding in the corner of the house'' so hurrying up the garden, I open up the nesting box, and called her.........OH! Bless she came hopping to me in a big rush, so I gave her a lovely long stroke, talking to her, some breakfast and she really loved it....but it was the response to my voice, I got all excited about Love her
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Thanks hun

Just what we were saying last night.....like you can not see what happening

But some exciting news this morning,FS let them out this morning and came in saying ''Sage is hiding in the corner of the house'' so hurrying up the garden, I open up the nesting box, and called her.........OH! Bless she came hopping to me in a big rush, so I gave her a lovely long stroke, talking to her, some breakfast and she really loved it....but it was the response to my voice, I got all excited about Love her

Oh Bless her Steph, and bless you!!! she obvioulsy knows you love her and that will help with her healing. I am so pleased that she is turning the corner now!!!

YAAAAAAA!!! Go Sage!!!!

Elaine xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Oh Bless her Steph, and bless you!!! she obvioulsy knows you love her and that will help with her healing. I am so pleased that she is turning the corner now!!!

YAAAAAAA!!! Go Sage!!!!

Elaine xxx
brought tears to my eyes hun..... typical me
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Aww, Steph, that is so lovely - to be responding to your voice after such a short time, she must really feel safe and happy with you
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Aww, Steph, that is so lovely - to be responding to your voice after such a short time, she must really feel safe and happy with you
I'm just about to get her now for another wound cleaning.....so now she is more settled I'll post some photo's so you can see how '''beautiful''' she is
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2009, 08:52 AM
That is so lovely I am sure she will get better now because she has something to live for poor little girl, I feel desperately sorry for her and what happened. Like you say it isn't as though the people couldn't see what was happening, they must have cold hearts to have let it continue till she got in that state
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >