Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
superking75
New Member!
Male 

25-12-2016, 01:06 AM

One dog just barks as we play

I have two dogs. One's a German pincher mix,(shes a year older than the other and is the dominant one) the other we're not sure about but is only slightly bigger than the other, shes submissive and and some anxiety.

So we play with them, throwing a toy, ot using a rope. the pincher is totally into it.

But the other just stands back and barks, and barks, and barks. Every now and then she'll join in but other than that she just stays back and barks.

Is their any way to solve this (you would understand if you hear her bark, it like make you want to pull your hair out after a while.)
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-12-2016, 09:37 AM
Yeah find a game she likes and just play with her, she's basically confined to the side lines and would like some me time.
ThatOneDude
New Member!
Male 

07-01-2017, 10:55 PM
I had this problem. Maybe yours is similar. One of my dogs is a master of fetch with a ball and the other isn't as fast and can never keep up. So, she would just stand and bark. Then, I started holding back the faster dog and my slower dog would play... for a little bit. Unfortunately, she would only do so for a few rounds and then refuse to give the ball back. Finally, I invested in a small Kong tumbler ball and my faster dog went nuts for it. Bingo! It wasn't finding what my slower dog liked. It was finding what my faster dog liked more than the ball. Now, I throw the tumbler for my fast dog and the regular ball for my slower dog and no jealousy is had.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2017, 09:16 AM
And according to your other post your dog still isn't having fun which is the whole point really.