Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
[B]

Ohh, good stuff, hopefully so, will soon see when I try to book!
You've got a Rott the rules are different for us There are a lot of sites who won't take us but there are more that will so the satisfaction is they get our money and our lovely breed.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by JackieandMia View Post
I did say i'd not stayed on a CL before but still in all the years i've been a member i've never heard of any problems and being a Rottie owner it's something i would of picked up on.
I had no idea this happened until that member posted about it. Before we joined, we read the CC's policy on dogs and had no concerns about joining with Max.

I can understand that some sites (be they CL or other family run sites) have a no dog policy, just like there are some sites that don't accept children, but it is wrong that some sites will accept certain breeds of dogs but not others.

At the end of the day, the rules were broken and they shouldn't have been but to threaten to call the police does seem very over the top and start packing up their things for them was very over the top.
KatieSmith
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2010, 08:42 AM
OH talked Mick yesterday and what annoyed them so much was that many other dogs were off lead but the owner singled them out. I hadn't realised that when they first told us about it.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by KatieSmith View Post
OH talked Mick yesterday and what annoyed them so much was that many other dogs were off lead but the owner singled them out. I hadn't realised that when they first told us about it.
That is even worse - what a shame some people are so narrow minded about a particular breed.
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by KatieSmith View Post
That is VERY discriminatory and not fair at all!
I can totally understand a leash rule for a caravan site (as much for the dogs safety as anything else, lots of large cars and caravans driving all over the place!) But to only have a leash rule for dogs that they narrow mindedly see as dangerous is disgusting if they have THAT much of a problem with that breed they should have turned to booking down so as not to cause that kind of a scene!
Some people just cant be taught though can they!? I'd say your friend would just be better off confirming those type of things ahead of booking in future!
KatieSmith
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2010, 06:05 PM
When Mick and Mon booked, they did tell the owner they had 3 Dobbies and were told that they were not an issue. We always do the same with Dyson and Henry too.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I would have walked away and not stayed at that Park in the first place ill informed moron BUT .....The people where told to keep the Dogs on leads... so blame is not just on the caravan park owner IMO.

Lots of sites now have a list of Dogs they will not allow and some are Dobs.

I love Dobs they are Beautiful
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4