Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I didn't say that the CC discriminate against certain breeds of dogs but CLs are not run by the CC. The information that individual CLs may not allow certain breeds came from a member, whose parents used to run a CL and knew other people that did and they can pick and chose. Not all CLs do accept dogs at all and some, as I understand from that member, chose which breeds to accept.

At the end of the day, yes the dogs were off lead and they should not have been but I do wonder if the OP had taken another breed of dog that had been temporarily off lead, such as a labrador, would they have been asked to leave?
I did say i'd not stayed on a CL before but still in all the years i've been a member i've never heard of any problems and being a Rottie owner it's something i would of picked up on.
Taken from CC website.....

Are dogs allowed on Caravan Club sites?

Yes. In its role as a membership organisation, The Caravan Club aims to satisfy all of its members' expectations. We recognise the differing needs of those who choose to holiday with dogs, and those who do not: however, we assume flexibility and respect for fellow members when staying on site, and for this reason do not set out to restrict access to any member, including those with pets, at any time.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by KatieSmith View Post
It was a family run site and I think (will have to check) that it wasn't a CL site but privately owned and that is why our friends have no head office to complain to. personally, I wouldn't have let them off lead especially after being told not to as that I feel is provoking the situation. OH and I are members of the CAravan Club and have stayed in many sites, private, CC, Cl etc. but we respect the other caravanners and the owners of the sites.

That said, I know these dogs and they are the softest, friendliest dogs around and I was appalled when we were told that they'd been thrown off site for having Dobermanns - breedist, ignorant, ill-informed whatever, these site people handled the situation wrong and lost 3 weeks of money from our friends Mick and Mon plus the word of mouth is worse publicity than anything.
As I understand it they got thrown off for having three dobermans off lead.

I caravan with three Staffords so I certainly know breed discrimination. If someone has rules on a site that I am using then I am double sure I do nothing to break those rules.
I owe it to the breed and other owners that come after me
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 11:16 AM
The site we used to go to in wales has signs up stating dogs must be onlead at all times.

Perhaps the owner of the site overreacted but they broke the rules,got caught and asked to leave.

I have never had any problems taking our dogs anywhere,but then we comply with the rules and regulations.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Why people freak out over a well-behaved dog who is doing NOTHING WRONG is beyond me. It's sheer ignorance and idiocy. I hope those morons gave them their money back!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Why people freak out over a well-behaved dog who is doing NOTHING WRONG is beyond me. It's sheer ignorance and idiocy. I hope those morons gave them their money back!
Dogs wern't doing anything wrong the owners were
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Dogs wern't doing anything wrong the owners were
This guy was just looking for an excuse to throw them out. He was on their case from the moment they pulled up. I don't always follow leash laws because my dog doesn't need a leash and I wouldn't expect to be told to pack up and get the hell out for it. The owner could have just said "Please leash your dogs" but he didn't...why? Because he wanted to get rid of them because of their "omg vicious dogs."
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 12:07 PM
This guy was just looking for an excuse to throw them out. He was on their case from the moment they pulled up. I don't always follow leash laws because my dog doesn't need a leash and I wouldn't expect to be told to pack up and get the hell out for it. The owner could have just said "Please leash your dogs" but he didn't...why? Because he wanted to get rid of them because of their "omg vicious dogs."
Maybe he was looking for an excuse but he had already told them to keep there dogs onlead,they didn't and were asked to leave.

This man also has a responsilbilty to other people,yes it's wrong to assume they were dangerous dogs,but the owners should have set a good example,proved they were good dogs and done as they were told,kept the dogs onlead.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 12:07 PM
All dogs have to be on lead on this type of site usually, the owener should have just reminded them of the rules and asked them to put them on a lead, asking them to leave is a bit over the top.

I agree with Sal, the site owner has a responsibility to others using the facilities, the rules should apply to all dogs not just certain breeds
KatieSmith
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by JackieandMia View Post
I did say i'd not stayed on a CL before but still in all the years i've been a member i've never heard of any problems and being a Rottie owner it's something i would of picked up on.
Taken from CC website.....

Are dogs allowed on Caravan Club sites?

Yes. In its role as a membership organisation, The Caravan Club aims to satisfy all of its members' expectations. We recognise the differing needs of those who choose to holiday with dogs, and those who do not: however, we assume flexibility and respect for fellow members when staying on site, and for this reason do not set out to restrict access to any member, including those with pets, at any time.
We have been with the CC for years and have always taken dogs away with us every year and never had a problem. They try and make their sitesfriendly for dogs, families etc alike.
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
As I understand it they got thrown off for having three dobermans off lead.

I caravan with three Staffords so I certainly know breed discrimination. If someone has rules on a site that I am using then I am double sure I do nothing to break those rules.
I owe it to the breed and other owners that come after me
I totally agree!
I see this side of it which is why I put the thread on but do think the owners were wrong to let the dogs off lead especially having been told they HAD to. They did get their money back eventually though.
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
All dogs have to be on lead on this type of site usually, the owener should have just reminded them of the rules and asked them to put them on a lead, asking them to leave is a bit over the top.

I agree with Sal, the site owner has a responsibility to others using the facilities, the rules should apply to all dogs not just certain breeds
We never let our Labs off lead on caravan parks ever as we feel it is a courtesy to non doggy people and safety reasons too. I agree with Sal and I couldn't believe that Mick had let the dogs off lead after being told - my anger is that she obviously was mislead about the Dangerous Dog Breeds if she thinks Dobermanns are on there and she didn't have to make sucha scene when having our friends removed. A quiet word would have got the better result without her fishwife behaviour. Mick is a teacher, a gentle giant and yet she was picking up their stuff to get them off quickly. I will find out the site so people can avoid it if they so want.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I've seen some campsites which have a list that they prohibit. This included: Boston terriers, Shar Pei, Chow chow, and others similar, despite none of them being on the official list...

Eh? What a bizarre list to ban - none of those breeds seem remotely antagonistic to me!

Originally Posted by Murf View Post
You will be surprised .. Follow the rules of the site and you wont have a problem ...
Ohh, good stuff, hopefully so, will soon see when I try to book!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >