Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 12:19 PM

for those that like banana's

I thought I'd share a few recipes with you.

1) por 600ml/1 pint custard into a bowl. Gradually whisk in 100g of milk chocolate, add 2 bananas chopped, and a roughly chopped crunchie bar or plain honey cone bar. Spoon into serving glasses, chill and sprinkle with extra crunchie

2) Grill.

Put 4 bananas on a foil lined tray. squeeze over juice of lime and brush with runny honey.
Pot under grill and turn from time to time till softened. Can serve with natural yogurt

3)Ice cream.

Whizz a handful of blueberries with a little icing sugar and lemon juice.
Place scoops of ice cream in sundae glass with slices of banana, then follow with whipped cream then pour over blueberry puree

4)Toffee.

Melt 25g/1oz butter with a pinch of cinnamon in a frying pan. Stir in 1 tbsp golden syrup and 2 tbsp dark rum. heat till bubbles. Halve banana length ways and add to mixture simmer for 5 mins till softened, serve hot with cream.

5) carribbean banana cake.
cream 150g/5oz brown sugar with 75g/3oz butter then beat in two eggs.
Stir in 6 mashed ripe banana's, sift in 250g/9oz self raising flour with a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp each of nutmeg and mixed spice.
Mix well and tip into a well buttered 2lb loaf tin. Cook for about 70mins till skewer comes out clean. Cool before slicing.
(have two cooking as we speak) I cook them on 160 electric...not sure what that is gas.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 12:24 PM
yum yum

may i add another?

quite sickening one but lovely....

2 bananas in foil - sliced - 4 slices of milk chocolate in...
oven at 200 for 15 mins...

melt some chocolate over the top of bananas and stick some ice cream with it...
serves 2.... or one if your hungry
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Here's a savoury one absolutely delicious honest

Mash a bannana with a bit of chutney
Toast one side of a couple of slices of bread
Spread bannana on untoasted side cover with cheese grill until cheese is melted

ENJOY!!!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I thought I'd share a few recipes with you.

1) por 600ml/1 pint custard into a bowl. Gradually whisk in 100g of milk chocolate, add 2 bananas chopped, and a roughly chopped crunchie bar or plain honey cone bar. Spoon into serving glasses, chill and sprinkle with extra crunchie

2) Grill.

Put 4 bananas on a foil lined tray. squeeze over juice of lime and brush with runny honey.
Pot under grill and turn from time to time till softened. Can serve with natural yogurt

3)Ice cream.

Whizz a handful of blueberries with a little icing sugar and lemon juice.
Place scoops of ice cream in sundae glass with slices of banana, then follow with whipped cream then pour over blueberry puree

4)Toffee.

Melt 25g/1oz butter with a pinch of cinnamon in a frying pan. Stir in 1 tbsp golden syrup and 2 tbsp dark rum. heat till bubbles. Halve banana length ways and add to mixture simmer for 5 mins till softened, serve hot with cream.

5) carribbean banana cake.
cream 150g/5oz brown sugar with 75g/3oz butter then beat in two eggs.
Stir in 6 mashed ripe banana's, sift in 250g/9oz self raising flour with a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp each of nutmeg and mixed spice.
Mix well and tip into a well buttered 2lb loaf tin. Cook for about 70mins till skewer comes out clean. Cool before slicing.
(have two cooking as we speak) I cook them on 160 electric...not sure what that is gas.
Thanks, I think I'll have a go at making the banana cake sometime.I have to make either sandwiches or take a cake when I play a league bowls match, because both teams sit down after the match and have tea, if this cake is good, it will save me from always getting stuck making cheese sandwiches, I hate grating all the cheese so I hope this receipe saves me!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
yum yum

may i add another?

quite sickening one but lovely....

2 bananas in foil - sliced - 4 slices of milk chocolate in...
oven at 200 for 15 mins...

melt some chocolate over the top of bananas and stick some ice cream with it...
serves 2.... or one if your hungry
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Here's a savoury one absolutely delicious honest

Mash a bannana with a bit of chutney
Toast one side of a couple of slices of bread
Spread bannana on untoasted side cover with cheese grill until cheese is melted

ENJOY!!!
I'm going to give these two a try..........thank you
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Thanks, I think I'll have a go at making the banana cake sometime.I have to make either sandwiches or take a cake when I play a league bowls match, because both teams sit down after the match and have tea, if this cake is good, it will save me from always getting stuck making cheese sandwiches, I hate grating all the cheese so I hope this receipe saves me!!
Banana cake a great success here...........I think you'll enjoy