View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 12:02 AM
As much as I think they are stunning dogs I could never own a Newfoundland - working as a vet nurse has put me off owning one, purely because of the amount we see with skin / ear issues, and we have one particular Newfie who stinks the entire practice out for hours after we've seen her! Although I know there are many Newfie's out there who are not the tiniest bit stinky! I also couldn't live with the coat!

And any dogs who love to drool
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-02-2008, 12:14 AM
I am not a fan of great strings of drool yuk
..so nothing which drools a lot thank you (usually only the large breeds seem to do this ).

Minis don't drool/don't smell doggy/don't shed/and they are very clean little dogs (except on days like today when mine managed to roll in runny cow poo and runny fox poo )
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2008, 12:53 AM
I don't want to say any breed because I feel like I'm committing myself and in years to come I'll most likely end up with one! There are a lot of breeds I love but just aren't for me, I'm an agility girl and so breeds such as bulldogs, pekes and such would be a lot of hard work! For some reason, I don't think I'd ever have a Labrador either. I'm not entirely sure why... just not a breed for me I don't think.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 01:01 AM
i always said that i would never ever own a tiny doggie, i jsut love my big doggies to much, archie is 12inchs tall, so med....i guess!!

anything that drools........ewwwwww no no!!!

anything really tiny and really fussy i guess?!

thinking about it there are alot of dogs i love but would never want, does that count?? i dont know why?? but just not for me but i love seeing them..with others!!?!?!

i dont really know but def nothing tinyer than my roggie!

now i just need my big doggie's!
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
thinking about it there are alot of dogs i love but would never want, does that count?? i dont know why?? but just not for me but i love seeing them..with others!!?!?!
Definitely agree on that, I suppose it's like other people's children. Nice to visit, but also nice to give back when it's time to go!

So many lovely breeds but some just wouldn't fit with my lifestyle I feel.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 02:50 AM
Any breed with a 'non-standard' coat, ie, Puli, Komondor, for reasons already stated by others. (Mals were benched next to them at Crufts a couple of years ago, and I still remember the smell )

Any breed that is known for their serious slobber/shoelaces.....I really couldnt' cope with it !

Any white breed or white faced/muzzle breed that's known for discolourations around the eyes and mouth ! It's bad enough trying to get rid of orange/pink elbows on a Mal

Any Breeds that are known to have Anxiety issues within their breed traits. I don't do Mammy Pammy, and want a dog to be able to think for themselves, like a dog, and not rely on me not to be an emotional wreck !

There are a few that I just dont like the look of, so they don't appeal to me, so I wont mention them as I dont want to offend anyone
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2008, 03:43 AM
Think it would be far easier for me to list the ones I would consider, Although I like all dogs and love seeing all the pics of different breeds on here there aren't that many I could see myself owning, infact there is only 13 breeds (that are recognised by our kc) that I would consider owning. I honestly don't think I would get any other breed than the ones listed (except if I decided to rescue).

Border Collie
Rottweiler
Alaskan Malamute
German Shepherd Dog
Miniature Schnauzer
Miniature Poodle Would never have said this had I not joined here and seen Becky's (Mahooli), Especially Cooper
Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)
Bull Terrier
English Setter
Cocker Spaniel (certain type/look though)
Australian Shepherd
Australian Cattle Dog
German Wirehaired Pointer

Varies from 11 inches to 28 inches, various coat types/grooming requirments
But there is just something about each of those 13 that stand out and make me want one,

I wouldn't go for a Toy breed as like most have said would be worried about it getting hurt, as they just seem more fragile than the couple I have listed that aren't much bigger.

Got nothing against any other breeds just only see myself having the above
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 03:55 AM
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
Definitely agree on that, I suppose it's like other people's children. Nice to visit, but also nice to give back when it's time to go!

So many lovely breeds but some just wouldn't fit with my lifestyle I feel.
exactly, i mean i LOVE golden retrievers, labs, poodles, Black Russian Terriers, staffy's, all Gorgeous doggies.....

BUT i dont want one!! i just love the dog, but just not for me, im not 'Drawn' to them like i am the German Shepherd for example!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE=Trixybird;1281371]
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
As the title says.......

For me it would be any toy breed, because I'm terrified I would tread on the poor creature

Vicki you have to have them in multiples
Wouldn't that be worse?..... even more to squish
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
I have to say i quite enjoy my lazy little poty bellied piglet
...as do we all Dani bless his little heart :smt049
Page 4 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »