Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
LOL just cause you wanna go aimee!!
I will one day! Louie loves Staffies and he has spangle ears, him and Rox would be a match made in heaven!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm happy to go wherever if that helps
I had a little look on the map and didn't recognize any places invbetween where we all live but suggestions welcome!

Pawsonboard would you still come of its over this way or is it just a bit too far for you?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2012, 10:33 PM
What about Ockham Common? Never been but know some GSD people who go. Though I think they might be there this weekend so don't know if we'd want to time it so we don't bump into them - it's a big hoard of GSDs which might be a bit too much for the more nervous doggies (but I think it's quite spacious there anyway)
Found out OH is away for work from Sunday morning so I'd definately just come with the one dog, and since madam is sturggling to be left it will be her. Unless I can talk my mum into joining me for a walk. I'll see how she's doing, she seemed a bit calmer today so a long walk might do her some good.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 06:21 AM
That sounds like a good middle ground! I am fine with that, although lets hope we don't get lost if no one knows where we are going
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 07:43 AM
The nearest postcode to the carpark is apparently KT11 1ND. The GSD people have directions written on their forum thread but feel a bit cheeky pinching them - will pass them on to anyone who wants to know. They tend to meet at 10.30 to head off by 11 so don't know if we want to avoid this time so we don't meet a big group of exitable GSDs in the carpark.
Just looking through some of their older threads for photos, it does go through woods though the path seems fairly wide and clear. There's apparently a cafe and toilets there as well.
Like I said, not been myself so not really "recommending" it but just thought it could be a possible middle location
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Eeep that's motorway territory if I can rope the chauffeur in (which I'm sure I can ), it's fine with me. Certainly want to avoid the GSDs though if you want an extra pair of hands Karly, I'm sure Liam could hold one. Offer's there if you need it if not I'm roping him in as photographer instead!!!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Sounds great. I've looked up some photos on google and seems there are some nice open spots too. Don't see why we can't just use their directions as a general guide Krlyr please could you send me the link to have a little look at

Not sure if I'm about to throw a spanner in the works here.. I have got muddled what day we are planning this for, but I actually have a funeral on Fri/Sat so could only make it on the Sunday? Were we planning this for sat?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Eeep that's motorway territory if I can rope the chauffeur in (which I'm sure I can ), it's fine with me. Certainly want to avoid the GSDs though if you want an extra pair of hands Karly, I'm sure Liam could hold one. Offer's there if you need it if not I'm roping him in as photographer instead!!!
Thanks, I'll see how brave I feel. Not as a slur against Liam, but you know how it is handing over the responsibility when you have a dog with issues, I'd hate to put Liam in a situation where he felt out of control or if something was to happen. Might need all my attention on madam, though we passed a doggy on today's walk and she wasn't so bad.

I looked back through the posts to check days and think everyone was good for Sunday? If it's Saturday then I may give it a miss because OH flies out of the country for a week so dragging him out or abandoning him for a dog walk on our only day of the weekend together is a bit mean
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Oh good hopefully Sunday will work for everyone then

Amanda I'm looking forward to some great photos !
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 01:24 PM
No, I totally understand. I hate handing Cain over to anyone! Just thought I'd offer

I thought we agreed Sunday too.

I'm seeing Liam tonight to butter him up before I ask him to be driver and photographer
Page 6 of 24 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »