Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2023, 07:45 AM

Thinking Tuesday 14th March 2023

Morning all. Yep thinking about what can I spend my extra pension on when I get it. Wow maybe a new pair of socks?
Hope you all have a lovely day and so pleased to hear you have a date now Kelly. Chris hope the scooters go properly now for you both and for a long while to come. Give Gary a kick up the bum from me as he should appreciate all that you do for him. Lynn have you ever looked at the website called Champdogs? Sue are the girls still doing horse riding etc.? Right off for a wander and to pick up my tv paper. Wonder what delights there are in store for me to watch on tele?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2023, 09:10 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Started off wet and raining. The sun is now coming out. Hope it stays fine we have the new tree to re-pot as the wind yesterday while we were sitting Freya lifted out of its pot.
Mark lost a small fence panel and it tipped one of his trugs over.
It was a day indoors for us with Freya reading and playing and lots of cuddles.

griff so glad you have your appointment.
brenda yes I am on the Champdogs waiting list and use to be on the forums many years ago.
Don't get to excited yet about the new socks, glad you enjoyed your burger and chips we all need and deserve a nice treat sometimes.
Sue hope you have a calm day today.
Chris in the dog house again, poor Gary hope he settles soon about having to wait.
A nuisance about the wind and not getting the scooters out.

I watched the German Shepherds while walking around Crufts Friday, very sloped and when we sat in one of the cafes having a break and a drink they were practising just outside where we were sitting and I felt quite bad confirmation not that I am a GSD expert.

We had some sad news Friday Michael messaged one of the lads his friend and a member of the band they set up years ago died last week.
No older than our Michael who will be 38 at the end of April.
We knew him well when they were all teenagers often in and out of our home. A really nice lad.
He has two little ones and was due to get married at the end of this month.
Michael is very upset and it has upset us all and Mark who knew all Michael's friends well.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2023, 09:28 AM
Oo Lynn I was also on their forum. I expect we read them together without realising. Yes the conformation of the Shepherd is not good. Fortunately mine were good. Hope the sun stays out for you. It has deserted Lancing.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2023, 11:00 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Hope you manage to get all your jobs done today Lynn

Have a good day Brenda

Fingers crossed you have been able to test run both scooters today Chris.

Sunny here again this morning after a cloudy start. Up earlier this morning as Ben had to be in work half an hour earlier than usual. School and gymnastics run this afternoon and then feed the hoard tonight. Ben will pick Maria up from gymnastics. We have plumbers in at the moment flushing our system which caused a blockage a few weeks ago when the heating would not work. So I am stuck in the kitchen with Teazle as they need access to all the radiators and I can put her in the back porch when they need to get to the one in here.

Schools on strike tomorrow and Thursday so I will spend the day with them tomorrow at heir house but will have to see if Ben can be around on Thursday.

Take care everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2023, 12:08 PM
Afternoon all
Brenda...wow, new socks.... goodness me, the excitement!!! Just make sure you get regular checks on what you are entitled to as they backdate stuff and update the rules constantly and often people become entitled to things and they never know.
Lynn, hope the repotting goes well and sorry to hear Michaels friend has died
Sue, best of luck with the power flushing and the running around later
Chris, hoping your other scooter puts in an appearance and behaves itself equally as well as the first.
Steve sent me through the pay offer, there are things omitted like backpay but he said he asked today and they said it would be paid....I am querying why it's not in the paperwork?? He said well if it's not paid people will kick off....but they did this in November, promised stuff and didn't deliver. I also pointed out that if they agreed to the terms that were in print... that's it, you can't then turn round and say well we thought xyz, the terms are in black and white. I said if it were me, I would want it all in writing all terms and if it wasn't what I thought...vote no. He says the strike could still go ahead because if Birmingham vote no, Coventry go out too
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2023, 01:20 PM
central heating

The plumbers are here at the moment and what a shock. They had to cut out a bit of old pipework for the new filter and showed me the inside . the old pipework bore must have been reduced by half due to buildup of residue etc so no wonder the boiler stopped. The water pressure just didn't flow because of this. Now they are using a chemical and a magnetic system to clear it all out. So what happens is they run the central heating on low heat for a couple of hours to breakdown the "gunk" inside the microbore pipes then use the boiler to circulate the water and tap the rads in turn to shift any dirt inside. AS the have had to remove the downstairs rad in the toilet, when they emptied it out the liquid "cant call it water" was black hence tapping the rfads in turn t loosen up gunk inside
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2023, 04:26 PM
Barry, wedrained our system, what came out was hideous, we put in a 2 step cleaner/inhibited, we drained the cleaner....ewwwwww completely disgusting, refilled the system and added inhibitor, much better system. We will add the magnet cleaner at some point... just need to convince my dad lol.
Turned out really nice today....for now lok
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2023, 04:30 PM
Parcels posted walked to Bev's for a cuppa as always stayed longer than intended.
We can talk the hind leg off a donkey.
It rained while I was there but stopped by the time I left.

Gosh Sue what a busy day.
brenda we may well have been on the site at the same time.
griff hope all Steve's problems get sorted satisfactorily.
Sounding hopeful Barry. When we had a new oil boiler installed at the other house they did all that magnetic stuff to clear the system.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2023, 06:18 PM
Lynn, I have a couple of friends like that, I can chat for hours and completely lose track of time!
Well, I am past the point of caring if Steve gets the right deal or not....I have spoken to him and asked is he sure he will get the back pay? Yes...who said? Everyone, have you had it in writing from the union?? No but "a manager says we will get it" how bloody thick can you be? A manager tells you!! They don't want you to strike, they will tell you anything! His answer is "well if we don't get the back pay we will say it's not what we thought" errrrrr the terms have been set out in the paperwork sent through by the union.
To top it off, they have him breaching safety rules and he refuses flatly to go and see the union rep, I said that if anything happens, it's him that will carry the can, the company will blame him but apparently I always think I know best......I do! That's the worrying thing, you know when you can see a disaster happening but despite you telling the person, they just ignore it? I am in that situation.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2023, 07:39 PM
I think you have to stand back griff and let him take the consequences.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >