Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2023, 08:58 AM

Sandy Sunday 5th March 2023

Morning all. Good to hear Rosie feels better and going out for some different air. Yep been for a chillyish walk along the beach. Hope you all have a good quiet Sunday. It is always quiet here. If you aren't one of those that go to work do you find each day just melds into another day or do you try to keep the weekend as a weekend?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2023, 12:23 PM
Good afternoon all

I agree with you Brenda, the days just merge. We have a heck of a time remembering what day it is

Out again this morning and again Rosie only wanted to walk enough to do her toileting. However, when we came back she picked up her ball and wanted to play. I don't know where she found that stray ball as I thought I'd put them all away because it will be at least a couple of weeks until her gum has healed enough to play ball. A good sign though, nonetheless

Dave has gone to Gary's to sort out yet another computer problem. Sorting them out is always make worse by Gary offering 'useful' advice
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2023, 01:53 PM
Ah well you see Chris I have to remember what day it is if Margaret changes her day of Wednesday otherwise she forgets.lol!! I have just walked up to the village shops to one called poundstretcher and wow have their prices gone up. Oh well back now to read for a bit. Have a good afternoon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2023, 02:48 PM
Afternoon brenda, Chris and all to follow.
I decided the other day I fancied a Cornish pasty. Trouble is unless I make them myself, sausage rolls the same I end up throwing mine away. I cannot abide gristly or fatty meat.
So bought the beef put it in the slow cooker then sifted through it to make sure it was free of gristle and fat even though I trimmed it before cooking and then made my pastry and we are having Cornish pasties for tea.
Also made some mini pies and they will do us for lunch tomorrow at Freya's and some in the freezer.
A busy but productive day here today.

Chris such good news Rosie is dong much better. I hope Dave manages to sort Gary's computer problems out without too much interference.
brenda same here all our days seem the same now except for Monday when we have Freya and the odd Sunday that we are over there.
I have been noticing the prices shooting up in the likes of B&M also.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2023, 06:13 PM
Evening all
I do o.k with the days, mainly as Tuesday is chemo day, Sunday is Steve's day off and then I end up following days with asking what shift he is on etc.
Dropped him 2 mahoosive dinners off today, my uncle didn't want one, infact...he moved and didn't tell me until I called! This place he can drink and smoke.....I foresee him going back on the booze fully which means I can't have anything to do with him again.
Ordered mum her mother's Day present, I have had it sent for Wednesday, I ordered her a proper Cornish cream tea obvs from Cornwall lol.... hopefully she will like it.
Had my eye test and I heard them talking about me before I went in.....my lad was training and he was being told as I had headaches...prescribe me glasses! I had the test.....I only went to tick a box for my Dr, there's nothing wrong with my eyes, he told me I didn't need glasses but if I felt better about it he would prescribe them and to begin with he was saying distance and then he was saying for concentration work but then he said he could knock the reading off if I wanted and that I should drink more water ....I have had this before and it's inflammation of the blood vessels in my head, we can't work out if I need reading glasses, distance glasses but my personal feeling is that I don't need anything, they did the same thing to my mum.... won't be going back there again. A friend of mine has confirmed that she worked for them and they tried to force her to prescribe glasses so she left.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2023, 09:03 PM
Evening all just in from work and in again at 6 tomorrow morning so a quick flying visit in here, been out this afternoon before work and cut the back grass and trimmed the edges this morning after speaking to Brenda on the phone hope you did not burn the potatoes?

The weather forecast says Snow later this week so thought get the back grass done and a quick weed hoe over,

As I say I am on holiday this week but work tomorrow morning covering, then into see the physiotherapist about my knee which is still locking see what they say.

Got to get an opticians and an dentist appointment in this week as well.

Chris pleased "our" little girl is still up for a ball game.

Catch you all tomorrow.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2023, 10:24 PM
No potatoes were ok but sprouts a bit squishy. Night all.