Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2008, 06:42 PM

phantom pregnancy

hi my dog is having a phantom pregnacy has any one got any advice for her how to make her comfatable shes getting her medcine tommorow which should help! but she looks uncomfatable

THANKS
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
One of mine had a phantom pregnancy - she went to term then deflated! We were convinced it was real (although we couldn`t work out how) Mine didn`t suffer physically, but did get a bit snappy / protective of toys.
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2008, 06:51 PM
haha im wondering when pennys going to go pop! Shes eating lots and really tierd on walks now too which is not like her shes normaly got loads of energy!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I bet the humid heat at the moment isn't helping her at the moment either bless her. Poor little thing. Does she like water? Perhaps a paddling pool with a bit of water in the bottom might be nice for her. That way the cool water might help to stop her nipples aching. It would help to keep her cool as well.

Heidi
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2008, 08:23 PM
yeah thats a good idea but she hates water! but ill defently try it thanks
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2008, 06:32 PM
The best thing you can do is hide all toys cut down her food and up her excercise and she'll come out of it in a week or so and still have her figure works everytime for mine.

Mo and the Gang
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2008, 07:13 PM
oh!! i think ive been over feeding her coz shes been crying so much for food! which i know i shouldnt be doing

ive had some drops from the vet which cost me £57!! for a tiny bottle so i hope that will work i really really hope lol
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Hannaho View Post
oh!! i think ive been over feeding her coz shes been crying so much for food! which i know i shouldnt be doing

ive had some drops from the vet which cost me £57!! for a tiny bottle so i hope that will work i really really hope lol
Buy giving her the same or more food your feeding her phantom as a bitch in pup needs to eat more and they instinctively know this, it's all in there head, so the best thing to do is cut food down, also by giving more excersise it will help because again a female in pup will slow herself down so by upping her excersise your going against what she would be doing if she where really pregnant,this is all I ever do, the biggest mistake I made was brining an orphaned lamb in the house as Ivy had just gone through a phantom and it started her off again so this year as the lambs where born I was praying that the ewes wanted all of them as so far so good only one left to lamb!!!!!!!!!!
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2008, 09:08 PM
ok thanks alot I didnt realise about the feeding it all makes sense now!
shes going to hate me fora while lol! shes goes on walks about 3 times a day anyway - im very lucky to have my mum who has her when im in work

thanks again for the advice