Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
swarthy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
for goodness sake this pathetic.........

no more please.

can i ask for this thread to be closed.......................
Please tell us exactly what is pathetic about wanting dogs to be bred responsibly?
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2010, 10:04 PM
The statement is not pathetic but disregarding a dog cause its not perfect is.......

and slam everything I say is.....

no more i recently had this post deleted.......

I will answer no more questions i will just sit and chuckle on my sofa........it is not that i wont want to but i am REALLY SO TIRED OF THIS.

sOMEBODY HAS TO BE THE ADULT HERE AND i HAVE DECIDED IT WILL BE ME..................

AND MY TYPING IS AWFUL....

and i wonder how many more replies I will get even though i so want it to end......start counting!!!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 10:04 PM
for goodness sake this pathetic.........

no more please.

can i ask for this thread to be closed.......................
Really? It's pathetic to think that even people who want a dog "just" as a pet should buy from breeders who do all the relevant health tests? Okay.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 10:11 PM
The statement is not pathetic but disregarding a dog cause its not perfect is.......
Nobody is disregarding a dog because it's not perfect. But surely it's better to go to a breeder who tries to ensure they breed the healthiest possible dogs than to pay some money grubbing idiot who couldn't care less about the health of their dogs and pups? Yes, those dogs deserve to be loved. But more than that, all pups deserve the best chance in life and those ones don't get it. So sorry, no way I'll line the pockets of someone who isn't interested in health issues and temperament.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
A sensible post at last!
I might have missed it, but I can't see Jols saying anywhere that she is pounding the streets with her dog??
I see loads of pups out walking the streets - very slowly with all the sniffing and nosing about that goes on.
She has said she wants to walk around the block, with no stopping sniffing or bragging, with a 3 month old thats (12/13weeks)
Pup. She has said she does it for exercise & to get it used to traffic
To me that means walking on!

I may be wrong, & for the pups sake i hope i am, & she has actually being doing ALOT less

But it is my opinion that 12 week old pups should not be taken on 15mins roadwork a day . I personally would never do that
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 07:04 AM
Jols , just do what you want with your "golden" lab.

If you want to walk him for 15mins around the block each day & free run him in the afternoon everyday thats your choice.

others on here have supported you, isnt that great, you now have the "go ahead" to carry on.

Good luck there, i hope for your pups sake, its all ok
swarthy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2010, 07:21 AM

and slam everything I say is.....

no more i recently had this post deleted.......

I will answer no more questions i will just sit and chuckle on my sofa........it is not that i wont want to but i am REALLY SO TIRED OF THIS.

sOMEBODY HAS TO BE THE ADULT HERE AND i HAVE DECIDED IT WILL BE ME..................

AND MY TYPING IS AWFUL....
Once again you have missed the point, it seems to be becoming a bit of a theme

You sit and chuckle away while the puppy farmers are churning out sick puppies to people who fail to do their research - you sit and chuckle away for all those who dogs who are diagnosed with HD / ED before they are 12 months old because people have bought indiscriminately and / or not followed good practice in raising their pup - for the siblings of pups who die before they get out of the litter because the breeders didn't put their hands in their pockets to do some simple DNA tests.

You've got one puppy and seemingly don't even know the correct colour - yet we are pathetic -

Sorry - but I've been around too long and seen too much and if it makes just one person do their research and stops another PF dog being sold - then - yep - I will keep being 'pathetic' as you so succinctly put it.

You and the other OP who 'only' wanted a pet have been lucky it seems to find responsible breeders - so many more have not been.

It's not a case of a dog not allowed to be loved - all dogs deserve that - what they don't deserve is for the irresponsible breeders to keep having their pockets lined to churn out more sick pups.

Plus - surely anyone buying a pup would want it to have the greatest chance of living a long and healthy life - or is that not a normal expectation these days?
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by swarthy View Post
Once again you have missed the point, it seems to be becoming a bit of a theme

You sit and chuckle away while the puppy farmers are churning out sick puppies to people who fail to do their research - you sit and chuckle away for all those who dogs who are diagnosed with HD / ED before they are 12 months old because people have bought indiscriminately and / or not followed good practice in raising their pup - for the siblings of pups who die before they get out of the litter because the breeders didn't put their hands in their pockets to do some simple DNA tests.

You've got one puppy and seemingly don't even know the correct colour - yet we are pathetic -

Sorry - but I've been around too long and seen too much and if it makes just one person do their research and stops another PF dog being sold - then - yep - I will keep being 'pathetic' as you so succinctly put it.

You and the other OP who 'only' wanted a pet have been lucky it seems to find responsible breeders - so many more have not been.

It's not a case of a dog not allowed to be loved - all dogs deserve that - what they don't deserve is for the irresponsible breeders to keep having their pockets lined to churn out more sick pups.

Plus - surely anyone buying a pup would want it to have the greatest chance of living a long and healthy life - or is that not a normal expectation these days?
I think that accusing this person at laughing at puppy farms is a little extreme here for christ sake, there are quite a few registered breeders who are only in it for the money testing or not, the kennel club totally refuted the idea of genetic disabilities only a few years ago, we all need to educate ourselves about breeding and the dog business but ganging up on a person who was asking for info is not the way to go, i believe i am educated and experienced in the world of dogs but i have always allowed my dogs/puppies free exercise and as much as the 5 minute rule is often quoted i do not believe it is written in stone which by the way my vet agrees with me on.
Anyone who registers on here apart from the odd troll must have an interest in the well being of their dog and as this is the more serious section i think a lot of this thread maybe should be under general chatter.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
I think that accusing this person at laughing at puppy farms is a little extreme here for christ sake, there are quite a few registered breeders who are only in it for the money testing or not, the kennel clubs own chief vet totally refuted the idea of genetics only a few years ago, we all need to educate ourselves about breeding and the dog business but ganging up on a person who was asking for info is not the way to go, i believe i am educated and experienced in the world of dogs but i have always allowed my dogs/puppies free exercise and as much as the 5 minute rule is often quoted i do not believe it is written in stone which by the way my vet agrees with me on.
Anyone who registers on here apart from the odd troll must have an interest in the well being of their dog and as this is the more serious section i think a lot of this thread maybe should be under general chatter.
Did he? I know him really well, I must have missed it, do you have any info on that? He is VERY interested in the health of pedigree dogs (and non ped) in fact I went to a seminar on conformation and movement by him just two weeks ago. Ive never met a man more dedicated to the health of dogs than him. He is passionate about it, I cant see "genetics" being any further down the line to him.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Jols, I think you are receiving a life's lesson on here.

You attack people long enough and sure as eggs you are going to get some back.

You have spent most of your time here attacking others for your own pleasure, now some are giving it back, and the old saying is never more evident.... stay out of the kitchen!!!

Secondly, just to point out ...you dont have a "golden Labrador", you have a "yellow Labrador" which brings about the suspicion about your breeder, one would expect a breeder to know what they are breeding, so if its your breeders mistake, it does not say much for them.

Thirdly, some people are making a very good point ... regarding the "I only want a pet" attitude, whether you have a pet or a show dog, your vets bills will be the same, if your dog is ILL, or suffers any genetic conditions...

You may want a pet, but hopefully said pet will live a long happy life with you.........unless you make sure your pet is bought from a reputable breeder, the likelihood of that will be low.

To many people only want pets, and said pets live a lifetime (which can be very short) of pain/illness/ medication costing the owner a fortune and in many cases cut the animals life short.

So why not embrace the "I only want a HEALTHY pet" attitude! , better for all concerned!
Page 11 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >