Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
The RSPCA seem to find a lot of dogs "unhandable"
Im told, one dog, a Rottweiler was very very unpredictable and only one person would go into his kennel. However he was PTS Im sure he wouldnt of been easily rehomed. It was probably a welcome release from his torment.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Before I read the article, I knew it was going to be Rosedene

Unfortunately this kennels should of had something done about them a long time ago.

In past years there has always been a ? over Rosedene, but they have always managed to scrap thier way out.

They have from time to time manage to get improvements, but unfortunately these improvements have slipped.....this has happened a few times with them, why I don't know.

There was a time when I worked in the private Vet section of my life, where we dealt with several puppies and young dogs from them that had Parvo, but they were reluctant for a while to except that....yes they did in the end, but shame that it took several puppies and dogs to suffer before hand......mind that was some years back.

Shame to read that they have slipped again.....maybe it is time then for them to be closed down, as it isn't the first time they have encountered problems there
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im told, one dog, a Rottweiler was very very unpredictable and only one person would go into his kennel. However he was PTS Im sure he wouldnt of been easily rehomed. It was probably a welcome release from his torment.
I do hope so
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Like you Dawn I am glad that vile place has been closed down,not before time.

Should have been closed down years ago.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Certainly should Sal. I made several complaints and managed to get them closed for about 3 months to bring things up to scratch, sadly it didnt last long.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 12:41 AM
cross posted with permission
The dogs at Rosedene were in great condition, admittedly the kennels werenīt wonderful, but that only proves that the money went on the animals, not on posh offices etc. The staff there were dedicated and kind and every dog was well fed, well loved and walked every day. Do they get that in RSPCA kennels I wonder? I suspect that this was yet another stunt intended to generate money for the rspca, but a quick read through the Birmingham Mail will scotch that! To most people this was an unforgivable act by a charity with far too much clout. What gives the rspca the right to close kennels down? And it isnīt the first time by a long way. Perhaps they think less competition means more cash for them? Or do they just want to control all kennels in the UK?
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
cross posted with permission
interesting that there are such difference of opinions expressed here. Have to say i know nothing about this place, but certainly would not put any trust in the RSPCA.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 12:52 AM
nearly all the comments after the article have praised the rescue so it is hard to know who to believe unless seen with own eyes.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
nearly all the comments after the article have praised the rescue so it is hard to know who to believe unless seen with own eyes.
Quite, all i know is i dont trust RSPCA inspectors judgements and i quite frankly do not know with what powers they can go in and destroy dogs and close premises down without going through legalities?
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 01:05 AM
For those who know the place, is this the one?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blackcountry/co...llery.shtml?16

There are pics of the kennels here and they look ok? Is this accurate in your opinion.
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »