Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 09:11 PM

First night back at Cub Scouts.

Just back from my first meeting with "hopefully" my new Cub Scout pack. I left my Group on the main land last July and have really missed working with all the kids. i decided that with the move and the new job i needed to take a break from the planning and everything that goes with running a pack. But now the time is right and i need to be back in the uniform and working with the kids. The group is healthy they have 21 beaver scouts, 21 cub scouts and 19 scouts with a handful of explorers. I will be the only uniformed leader at cub meetings but the two scout leaders seem really nice and are happy to help out whenever they can. they will continue to run the pack until the end of the summer term and i will take over in Sept.
I have also been asked to join the group camping at the end of the month. It will be an island wide camp to celebrate 100 years of scouting so it should be a good one.
I've had a good Day
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Well done you for giving up your time to run a cub pack!!My son is in cubs, about to go into Scouts. he attended the service in westminster Abbey to celebrate 100 yrs of scouting. he was a proud boy when asked to represent his pack.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2007, 05:45 AM
I bet he was!!!!!! that's a real honour!!!!! i hope you were able to go too and get loads of photos?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2007, 07:23 AM
There were 3 lads from his pack and they did a 2 night camp indoors at the Baden Powell centre in London. We did not go but they took some pics. they DID London big time including 10 Downing street. This is one of my fav. pics.

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Cocker Mum - Well done for getting involved in Cubs etc. I think it's a great activity despite what a few PC media cretins have said recently.
Fudgeley - I'd sooner vote for him than the current incumbant