Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2022, 08:55 AM

Daily thread Thursday 20th January 2022

Morning all
Just waiting for my consultant to call....same time as Tesco are coming so this will be interesting, I am staying upstairs out of the way
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2022, 09:25 AM
Good morning Kelly and anyone else popping in
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2022, 12:19 PM
Well, Tesco came and dad came back from work just before them, he had been sent to get a PCR test...no idea why as he could have just had a lft at home.... nevermind, he has to stay upstairs out of the way with us just leaving food at his door lol.
Spoken to my consultant, plod on much the same, wanted me to have a bone scan....dodged that for a bit, then he wanted to see me in person.....dodged that for another 3 months too lol. We discussed COVID and he said that I can actually go get my 4th jab anytime from 3 months after my 3rd jab..... nobody has contacted me to tell me I can go. He also said that should I get COVID I will be given the newly licenced drug to try and keep me out of hospital, explained all about it and how i get it etc.....nice to be aware of what I need to do before hand.
Sun is shining, just going to get sorted to take the dogs out and maybe catch Steve at some point
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2022, 05:27 PM
Good evening

Been busy today. Cleaned all the windows inside and also rung road boarding kennels. It would seem the one I have been using is now closed and so are a lot of others. I have found one near to Ben's and talking to them on the phone they seem very nice. Have arranged to go for a viewing next Wednesday after I have dropped the girls off at school.

Hope your dad doesn't have Covid Kelly. Take care.

Hope all are well
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2022, 05:40 PM
Awwww Sue, shame the kennels have shut, might be worth asking at the vets..... sometimes staff do boarding themselves.
Spent the afternoon trekking round the city, wanted to go get my COVID jab today so went to a walk in site....shut, went to the hospital walk in site....shut at 11.30am. Rung my GP to try and sort it.....they can't book it for me, call 119...they can't book it for me as their system can't differentiate between 2 jabs and a booster and 3 primary jabs! Told me to go to another walk in site tomorrow and they will do it, then I read online I need a letter inviting me....I haven't got one, I chucked my COVID letters out at Christmas because I didn't think I needed them, I have to go to the drs tomorrow to collect something that says I am eligible and then go all the way back in the opposite direction to go get my jab
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2022, 05:41 PM
Chris, how are you doing without the pain killers today?? Hope it's bareable
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2022, 11:58 PM
Actually, not too bad, but it's threatening. It's strange. I get the electric shock type pain which is very painful, but only lasts a couple of seconds. It's when that pain causes a massive headache that just goes on and on that it's soul destroying. At the moment, I'm doing fine though. When it comes in again, if it's too bad I'll give the doctors another call as she suggested.

The problem is, I get a call back from a different doctor each time and they all have different ideas of how to treat it. They don't seem to have the time to listen though and when it's on the 'phone you can't do much about it.

Kelly, I hope dad's OK. I dread to think how many people have been tipped over the edge from doctors like the one he talked to. It's a bit of a devil when mental health services haven't offered support and he has to rely on a charity run mental health service to get the counselling he needs.

Lynn, I'm glad you got some peace of mind from the group you were on.

I wrote a long post last night, but my computer glitched and I couldn't submit it. Sods law